Author Topic: Mike Huckabee: Trump Putting Romney in Cabinet Would 'Insult' Voters - Newsmax  (Read 2798 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Mike Huckabee: Trump Putting Romney in Cabinet Would 'Insult' Voters

"I don't see any way in the world that Mitt Romney would have a cabinet position in the Donald Trump administration," the former Arkansas governor told Uma Pemmaraju on Fox News...

"It would really not so much be an insult to Donald Trump," he said. "It would be an insult to the supporters of Donald Trump, who went out there and faithfully stood behind Donald Trump, to give a guy a job who basically said all those supporters were following a con man.

"That would be an insult to the voters..."

"We had a far-reaching conversation with regards to the various theaters in the world where there are interests of the United States of real significance," Romney told reporters after leaving the meeting. "We discussed those areas — and exchanged our views on those topics."

He called it a "very thorough and in-depth discussion in the time we had.

Continued: http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/mike-huckabee-donald-trump-president-elect-mitt-romney/2016/11/19/id/759801/
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 04:03:16 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Maybe Bolton's and Huckabee's words will avert this decision if indeed, it is in the mix.

Offline Frank Cannon

The Huckster is garbage. He is just jealous that no one is interested in a backbencher like him.

Oceander

/snicker

Dear Trumpkins:  told ya so!

Ahh, my cup of schadenfreude truly runneth over this year.

Offline Norm Lenhart

/snicker

My oh my. How will the militant types spin this? Romney said worse things about Trump than most of NeverTrump ever did.

So if they 'forgive' Romney and not us evil ex-Freepers, then I guess it really was the personality conflict here it seemed to be all along and they have no way to hide it.

Offline libertybele

...hmm...I wonder why Huckabee feels he is an authority on the conversation that transpired between Romney and Trump.  Does he know for certain that Trump and Romney even discussed a cabinet position??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

...hmm...I wonder why Huckabee feels he is an authority on the conversation that transpired between Romney and Trump.  Does he know for certain that Trump and Romney even discussed a cabinet position??

The Huckster is  a Trumpy boot licker who thought he had sway because he attacked rational people questioning Donny. He was wrong as usual.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Huckster says things to stay in the media light. Right, wrong, liberal, conservative...doesn't really matter. When he speaks, he's padding his clip file.

Offline kartographer

Maybe Bolton's and Huckabee's words will avert this decision if indeed, it is in the mix.

Does it realy matter? He could pick Romney and you would find someway to twist it into something good. One of the few times Trump made a statement I believed 100% was about shooting someone and not losing a single vote.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 05:40:52 am by kartographer »
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline jpsb

I agree, Romney was a leader of the NeverTrump. Let Romney and his ilk spend 40 years in the desert.

Offline montanajoe

/snicker

I can see the biggest, the best insults, coming in the next four years..they are gonna get so tired of the insults ....:laugh:

Silver Pines

Huckabee better get it through his lapdog's skull that the American people are not "faithful" to politicians.  They are employed by us and they answer to us.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
My oh my. How will the militant types spin this? Romney said worse things about Trump than most of NeverTrump ever did.

So if they 'forgive' Romney and not us evil ex-Freepers, then I guess it really was the personality conflict here it seemed to be all along and they have no way to hide it.

They're constantly circling around watching their god king like a well trained dog watches its master for cues about what to do next.

Online Hoodat

They're constantly circling around watching their god king like a well trained dog watches its master for cues about what to do next.

They will pass it off as some Machiavellian display of genius, and then fall back on the 20th dimension chess platitude.

Personally, I think Romney would be a good addition to any administration.  He is extremely talented and has made a career out of fixing things.  He is also considerably to the right of Trump on trade, immigration, and health care.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cripplecreek

They will pass it off as some Machiavellian display of genius, and then fall back on the 20th dimension chess platitude.

Personally, I think Romney would be a good addition to any administration.  He is extremely talented and has made a career out of fixing things.  He is also considerably to the right of Trump on trade, immigration, and health care.

Yeah, Romney isn't my favorite guy but he does grasp diplomacy and knows the difference between not being PC and being an ass.

Offline NavyCanDo

Let Romney and his ilk spend 40 years in the desert.

Is that the unanimous  opinion with the ilk over at TOS is it?  President Trump is going to need Republicans, all of them, to have the mandate he needs, and that mandate as fragile as it may only last 2 years. Continuing to insult fellow Republicans and refusing to offer an olive branch is stupid.  Trump apparently understands this, unlike some of his voters.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline TomSea

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/306928-pence-romney-under-active-consideration-for-secretary-of-state

Allegedly, Vice Prez elect Mike Pence says Romney is under active consideration for SOS.

This is just hitting the news feeds apparently.

Offline TomSea

At first, I thought, "well, Mitt might be the best one for the job" but the point that Romney was countering Trump during the campaign is a valid point. So, we will just see how this plays out.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I will say this knowing that no decision has yet been made.  Trump deciding to make Romney SOS instead of John Bolton would be his first really serious mistake in naming his cabinet.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

But that sure as hell doesn't include you.

Romney now has nothing but positive things to say now that the election is over....unlike trolls such as yourself.

...try to keep up, Norm.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cripplecreek

Is that the unanimous  opinion with the ilk over at TOS is it?  President Trump is going to need Republicans, all of them, to have the mandate he needs, and that mandate as fragile as it may only last 2 years. Continuing to insult fellow Republicans and refusing to offer an olive branch is stupid.  Trump apparently understands this, unlike some of his voters.

They need to drop the fantasy of a vast majority and a mandate for Trump.

More than 40% or registered voters didn't even vote this time leaving the remaining 55% or so to split their vote nearly equally between Trump and Clinton. And let's not forget, registered voters are themselves a fraction of the total population.

They also need to be careful about threatening men like Ben Sasse and even Lindsey Graham. People tend to reject outsiders trying to dictate who they will vote for. They were going to drive John McCain and Paul Ryan from power as well but it didn't happen.

Trump's biggest problem is the fact that he made big promises he simply won't be able to keep. He's going to have to figure out how to make up for the 20 or 30 percent who won't vote for him in 4 years because of those broken promises.

Offline skeeter

The Huckster is garbage. He is just jealous that no one is interested in a backbencher like him.

Huckster thinks he's a kingmaker.

Offline Cripplecreek

Huckster thinks he's a kingmaker.

And God's personal bouncer.

Offline TomSea

The Huckster is  a Trumpy boot licker who thought he had sway because he attacked rational people questioning Donny. He was wrong as usual.

Huckabee got it right though.

At least, he could win states in the Evangelical South; the Bible Belt, and I'm sure all he has to do is ask Trump for a position in the Admin and he'd get it. His daughter was in the Trump campaign as well.

Huck speaks well and defended Trump.

The usual sour grapes.

Seems you made a similar comment about McCain, putting this in perspective.

He's a US Senator and yes, people care what he says.

Besides, Obama probably got a lot of fraudulent votes that election.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 03:45:27 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

But that sure as hell doesn't include you.

Romney now has nothing but positive things to say now that the election is over....unlike trolls such as yourself.

...try to keep up, Norm.

Good points.