Author Topic: The Left Is Slated To Gets Its Ass Handed To It AGAIN In 2018 Unless It Changes, Which It Won’t  (Read 1082 times)

rangerrebew

The Left Is Slated To Gets Its Ass Handed To It AGAIN In 2018 Unless It Changes, Which It Won’t

November 18, 2016| by V. Saxena

A new report published Wednesday by The Hill revealed that the thickheaded Democrats stand a fair chance of getting their asses handed to them again during the 2018 midterm elections:

The GOP will be defending just eight seats, while Democrats must fight for 23 — plus another two held by independents who caucus with Democrats.

What’s worse is the fact that many of the seats they must defend are in states won by Republican Donald Trump.

geronl

The left won big this year.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Ehhhhhhh... I wouldn't be so sure about this. I think a lot is riding on how Trump does.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
http://downtrend.com/vsaxena/left-to-gets-its-ass-handed-to-it

May be the link to the editorial.

Thanks Ranger and all you do.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The Left Is Slated To Gets Its Ass Handed To It AGAIN In 2018 Unless It Changes, Which It Won’t

November 18, 2016| by V. Saxena

A new report published Wednesday by The Hill revealed that the thickheaded Democrats stand a fair chance of getting their asses handed to them again during the 2018 midterm elections:

The GOP will be defending just eight seats, while Democrats must fight for 23 — plus another two held by independents who caucus with Democrats.

What’s worse is the fact that many of the seats they must defend are in states won by Republican Donald Trump.
Maybe down ticket. At the top, though, the winner barely defeated a well documented felonious hag whose health is in question, who didn't even sufficiently appeal to 51% of the population to cast an historic vote for the first female POTUS. If the 'you go girl' set didn't weigh in, and a relatively small number of the usual suspects voted for that woman, it appears the negatives decided the election, and hers were marginally greater.

Rather than a mandate for her opponent, this was, in reality, a squeaker, with a couple hundred thousand critically located votes determining the electoral college outcome.

I don't think that sounds the death knell for the Left, as much as I truly wish that was the case. They were in disarray, saddled with a candidate who had some serious negatives, and split by disaffected Bernie voters. Give them a candidate they can rally behind and they'll be back in force, like a sack full of bad pennies.

What this means for the Right, is that it had better get its feces consolidated before the next election. While it performed well down ticket, the midterms could put a dent in that, and that down ticket performance just emphasizes that in four years the 'administration elect' had better have won over critical elements within the Right, or when the time comes, the POTUS-elect will be a one-termer. There is still the question of how much support the GOPe (that provided little resistance to Obama) will actually lend to his programs, and whether they will stab him in the back, just as they have conservative voters in the past.

Continued alienation of those Conservatives who were, and remain, unconvinced is not the path to future victory for the GOP.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Continued alienation of those Conservatives who were, and remain, unconvinced is not the path to future victory for the GOP.

Yup, Team GOP better find and read a copy of the constitution fast.