Author Topic: McCain warns Trump on waterboarding  (Read 848 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCain warns Trump on waterboarding
« on: November 19, 2016, 08:40:57 pm »
By Mallory Shelbourne - 11/19/16 03:31 PM EST

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) pushed back on President-elect Donald Trump's past praise for waterboarding Saturday, maintaining that the U.S. wouldn't use it as an interrogation tactic.

"I don't give a damn what the president of the United States wants to do ... we will not waterboard," McCain said at the Halifax International Security Forum, according to reporters.

"I don't give a damn what the President of the United States wants to do... We will not waterboard." - @SenJohnMcCain #HISF2016
    — Josh Rogin (@joshrogin) November 19, 2016

McCain: "I don’t give a damn what the [POTUS] wants to do, we will not waterboard… we will not torture people… It doesn’t work.” #HISF2016
    — Michael Crowley (@michaelcrowley) November 19, 2016

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/306901-mccain-we-will-not-waterboard
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: McCain warns Trump on waterboarding
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 09:07:41 pm »
It might have been Michael Medved's show but I heard someone say, once a president is elected,  they, the government, higherups or whomever say "You can't do this" and this and this. Trump talked often like a layman on his touring campaign. What he said sounds like something you might hear in a bar or where ever but I doubt if the president will do such. The Bush admin. had permission to do "enhanced interrogation", I forget the details. They only did it a few times.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 10:06:58 pm »
By Mallory Shelbourne - 11/19/16 03:31 PM EST

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) pushed back on President-elect Donald Trump's past praise for waterboarding Saturday, maintaining that the U.S. wouldn't use it as an interrogation tactic.

"I don't give a damn what the president of the United States wants to do ... we will not waterboard," McCain said at the Halifax International Security Forum, according to reporters.

"I don't give a damn what the President of the United States wants to do... We will not waterboard." - @SenJohnMcCain #HISF2016
    — Josh Rogin (@joshrogin) November 19, 2016

McCain: "I don’t give a damn what the [POTUS] wants to do, we will not waterboard… we will not torture people… It doesn’t work.” #HISF2016
    — Michael Crowley (@michaelcrowley) November 19, 2016

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/306901-mccain-we-will-not-waterboard
""I don't give a damn what the president of the United States wants to do ... we will not waterboard"

You don't get to make that call Johnny. Besides, My daughter managed to survive it during training. So I guess we do waterboard.

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 10:22:53 pm »
Jumper cables to the boys hooked to a car battery works better anyway.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 10:30:41 pm »
LOL. Hey Johnny. You lost your ass when you ran for President. No one cares what you have to say.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 11:40:37 pm »
LOL. Hey Johnny. You lost your ass when you ran for President. No one cares what you have to say.

We agree!