Author Topic: Romney: I had a 'very thorough' talk with Trump  (Read 708 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Romney: I had a 'very thorough' talk with Trump
« on: November 19, 2016, 08:39:23 pm »
Romney: I had a 'very thorough' talk with Trump
By Harper Neidig - 11/19/16 02:41 PM EST

Mitt Romney said that he and Donald Trump discussed foreign policy during their meeting at the president-elect’s golf course in New Jersey on Saturday.

Romney emerged from the clubhouse to give a brief statement to media after the meeting, which comes amid speculation that the president-elect is considering him as a possible pick for secretary of State.

“We had a far-reaching conversation with regards to the various theaters in the world where there are interests of the United States of real significance,” Romney told reporters.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/306900-romney-looking-forward-to-trump-administration

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Romney: I had a 'very thorough' talk with Trump
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 09:24:20 pm »
I would like to see Romney be appointed to the VA...let him tackle that rats nest with the power to fire people.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline r9etb

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 09:26:53 pm »
I would like to see Romney be appointed to the VA...let him tackle that rats nest with the power to fire people.

I wouldn't mind him as Secretary of State....

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 09:35:40 pm »

I wouldn't either.  He's a true gentleman, complete professional, and very sharp.  Whatever issues people had with him on domestic policy wouldn't be relevant.  Va. would be a very good choice as well.  Perfect guy to clean up a non-functioning organization.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 09:36:45 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 09:41:32 pm »

Unless Trump and Romney share the same view of the world, risks and opportunities, I wouldn't turn him loose as a free agent.

For example, I believe Trump is pragmatically concerned about radical islam. If Romney is a kumbaya naïve do-gooder, I would not expect them to agree on this aspect of foreign policy.

Trump is probably a supporter of Brexit. Romney perhaps not so.

But if they agree on foreign policy, Romney is a man of stature and commands respect. After all, he was Republican Governator of Massachusettsistan, and ran twice for President.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln