Author Topic: Trump meeting with Mitt Romney this weekend to discuss governing and possible Cabinet post  (Read 8579 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

Oooh, ethicists, well, we certainly are using fancy dan $20 words so that must get a lot done.
I just take immense satisfaction in knowing that they proved me 100% right when I said they were unprincipled situational ethicists. They can call themselves conservatives all they want. They proved they arent.

Offline Norm Lenhart

To his credit, Romney would strengthen Trump's Conservative creds.  In fact, anyone to the right of Trump is a bonus.

Speaks volumes that a guy that profited from the results of his own abortion laws (and yes it's been documented in links I have posted before), the father of gay marriage in America, the good friend of Ted Kennedy...is to the right of our president elect.

Speaks even louder that some people here claim he's pro life.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Yeah, proud to have voted for him,

Those who support the holocaust of the unborn will have little to do with his success when he lessens it.

I would ask what the heck do you mean by that post .... except that would be a good question for most of your posts.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Hoodat

Do you need need us to explain what ethicist means?

Priceless.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

On Free Republic it's Mittens.  They think they are being cute.

Offline Frank Cannon

On Free Republic it's Mittens.  They think they are being cute.

I used to call him that over there too. I am pretty sure it was because of this bizarre poll that came out on his first run.

Luckily I could still find it. It always cracks me up.

Offline wolfcreek

Considering the last two geniuses in control of the State dept......
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 07:53:25 pm by wolfcreek »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Brian Stelter ‏@brianstelter · 12m12 minutes ago
 Friend of a friend sent this picture of Mitt Romney arriving in NYC. "

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Those that know are NOT saying; those that are saying, don't know.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Trump is simply reneging on every promise he made during the campaign.  How can you defang the GOPe when you've made them the core part of your administration?  Is it pragmatic?  Sure, but pragmatism is not what Trump was selling during the campaign, so if he's turning pragmatic now, it means he lied to y'all during the campaign.  Such gullible fools.  Told ya so.

Personally, I'm okay with Trump's nominations so far.  I expected it might be worse.  But I wonder how they are dealing with it at TOS.

Probably the same way Trump worshippers are dealing with it here, as in, everything he does is just fine.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Offline Rivergirl

Yes he is.  Quite handsome.  And today I watched Ben Sasse speak at the Federalist Society and thought that he might be president some day.
Wow, repubs sure are good looking. Real repubs that is..........Cruz was looking good too.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Yes he is.  Quite handsome.  And today I watched Ben Sasse speak at the Federalist Society and thought that he might be president some day.
Wow, repubs sure are good looking. Real repubs that is..........Cruz was looking good too.

So, one will take Senator Sasse's advice and root and hope for Trump now? Just like we took Senator Cruz's advise when he endorsed Trump.

http://constitution.com/conservative-senator-ben-sasse-speaks-donald-trumps-election/

That's the way I've looked at from the start.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
There was a good chance with Hillary, we were going to lose 2nd amendment rights, 1st amendment rights, be flooded with illegals.

Yeah, I submit the evidence of whom is better for our country, along with fighting terrorism and no doubt, terrorists are going to try and hit the US.

Trump wasn't my first choice, my first choice is who was a proven leader like Perry or Governor Walker but Trump fits the bill well nonetheless.

Senators like Rand Paul are excellent too, though I don't vote mainly on whom makes great philosophical state,emts

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

You got that right, sister. 

Offline montanajoe

Hmmmm

Judging from Trump's picks so far. It seems like Trumps going to drain the swamp and replace it with..........the swamp :shrug:

Offline libertybele

I thought Trump was going to squash these GOPe types like bugs, not hire them.  There goes another campaign promise down the toilet.

So far most of what the MSM has been reporting about Trump's meeting with various different people has been incorrect.  I think Trump sitting down and talking to people who have criticized him is a wise move and shows that he's willing to evaluate what his critics think.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Really? Cruz? That one I don't get. I've heard some ladies here say Trump is good looking.