Author Topic: Warren demands that Trump rescind Sessions pick  (Read 3935 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Warren demands that Trump rescind Sessions pick
« on: November 18, 2016, 09:35:28 pm »

Warren demands that Trump rescind Sessions pick

By Nolan D. McCaskill

11/18/16 03:36 PM EST

Elizabeth Warren on Friday urged President-elect Donald Trump to rescind his nomination of Jeff Sessions as attorney general, arguing that allowing the Alabama senator to lead the Justice Department would be a “compromise with racism” and a “negotiation with hate.”

Trump on Friday morning announced the latest appointments to his upcoming administration, tapping Sessions as attorney general, retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn as a national security adviser and Kansas Rep. Mike Pompeo as CIA director.

“Instead of embracing the bigotry that fueled his campaign rallies, I urge President-elect Trump to reverse his apparent decision to nominate Senator Sessions to be Attorney General of the United States,” Warren (D-Mass.) said in a statement. “If he refuses, then it will fall to the Senate to exercise fundamental moral leadership for our nation and all of its people.”

Sessions would have to be confirmed in the Senate before he could serve as the nation’s top law enforcement official, though it appears he has enough Republican support to sail through.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/elizabeth-warren-jeff-sessions-trump-nomination-231628
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Warren demands that Trump rescind Sessions pick
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 09:36:06 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 09:37:05 pm »
Boy she is a real shrew. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 09:42:04 pm »
"Demands" LOL

Offline beandog

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 09:45:20 pm »
I demand that Warren shut her giant lying pie hole.

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 09:45:38 pm »
Boy she is a real shrew.

"Shrew"  Indian tribes dislike shrews for their aggressive and sneaky nature and consider it bad luck to have one in the house.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 09:46:38 pm »
Sure would love to see a Republican say "We live in a Republic. You don't get to 'demand' a damn thing."

Why is that so hard?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 09:47:02 pm »
Welp there goes the filibuster. Been a good 260 years.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 09:54:50 pm »
"...or that he called the NAACP and the American Civil Liberties Union “un-American.”"

They are un-American. The ACLU specifically was, IIRC, founded by communists. The NAACP is a black supremacist group.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 10:10:16 pm »
"Demands" LOL

Ok, is it "demands" or "urged", as it was written in the article. I'm no wordsmith, but there's a big difference  between "demand" and "urged".
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2016, 10:11:53 pm »
Welp there goes the filibuster. Been a good 260 years.

If liberals can call the Constitution a "living document", why should a filibuster be etched in stone? I'm at the stage where it's past time to make liberals cry uncle, and run home to their safe spaces.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2016, 10:16:21 pm »
If liberals can call the Constitution a "living document", why should a filibuster be etched in stone? I'm at the stage where it's past time to make liberals cry uncle, and run home to their safe spaces.

Looks like Reid's 2013 nuclear option killed it for Presidential appts and lower judges, but not for legislation and USSC judges.

I wonder if the GOP will keep it at those levels?

It's all up to the turtle isn't it?

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2016, 10:46:34 pm »
Try stomping your feet and holding your breath, Liz.  It works for the 3-year-olds...oh, it doesn't?  Nevermind...
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2016, 11:13:23 pm »
Well Liz you may be SOL.  All Cabinet members are nominated by the President and then presented to the Senate for confirmation or rejection by a simple majority and right now by last count the GOP holds that simple majority.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2016, 12:26:14 am »
Boy she is a real shrew.

Democrats have more than one shrew loose.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2016, 12:28:30 am »

Looks like Reid's 2013 nuclear option killed it for Presidential appts and lower judges, but not for legislation and USSC judges.

My impression too. I wonder why the talk of the dems being able to filibuster Trumps appointments.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

• Technical
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2016, 12:32:39 am »
My impression too. I wonder why the talk of the dems being able to filibuster Trumps appointments.

Well I do believe McConnell reinstated the filibuster after winning the Senate in 2014.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2016, 12:35:34 am »

I don't worry about people like Warren. It is people like numb nuts Lindsey Graham who give me cause for concern.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 12:36:50 am by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2016, 12:35:57 am »
Ok, is it "demands" or "urged", as it was written in the article. I'm no wordsmith, but there's a big difference  between "demand" and "urged".
This is why I almost never read past the headline.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2016, 12:49:17 am »

Well I do believe McConnell reinstated the filibuster after winning the Senate in 2014.

I am fairly sure he kept it. There was a question" whether he would or not.

Here is an article that is poignant.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/gop-supreme-court-filibuster-nuclear-option-231582

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2016, 12:50:53 am »
I don't worry about people like Warren. It is people like numb nuts Lindsey Graham who give me cause for concern.

Right....SIGH I do not feel at all comfortable with a slim Senate majority...not at all.

Frederick Douglass

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2016, 01:02:39 am »

I strongly urged Kentuckians to vote for the Democrat.   A party can abide a lot of things,  but a traitor in a position of power isn't one of them. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2016, 01:02:59 am »
Right....SIGH I do not feel at all comfortable with a slim Senate majority...not at all.

Might wanna talk to the lesser evil proponents. They are responsible for electing a GOP that can't be trusted.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2016, 01:05:45 am »

If its any consolation, the democrats have a buttload of seats up for grabs next election. The repubs, realtively few.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2016, 01:07:20 am »
Might wanna talk to the lesser evil proponents. They are responsible for electing a GOP that can't be trusted.

That's an unfair comparison.   Opposing the election of back stabbing Senators is a very different proposition from preventing the election of a psychotic rage witch.   

There are a Hundred Senators  many of which should temper the bad consequences of a few bad apples,   but there is only one President to control the entire executive branch.   The stakes are far higher for the Presidency. 

Also I urged anyone who would listen to vote for the Democrat over McConnell in Kentucky,  and to vote for the Democrat over Cochran in Mississippi.   

Traitors both. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —