Author Topic: Dem senator: Sessions' ideologies 'in conflict' with Justice Dept.  (Read 1561 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem senator: Sessions' ideologies 'in conflict' with Justice Dept.
By Nikita Vladimirov - 11/18/16 02:30 PM EST

Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) on Friday blasted President-elect Donald Trump's choice of Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) as attorney general, stating that Sessions does not possess ideologies consistent with the Justice Department.
In a statement, Booker slammed Trump's Cabinet choices, arguing that they represent a "growing and alarming trend."

“There is a growing and alarming trend among the individuals President-elect Trump is naming to key positions in his administration. Some have degraded and demeaned Americans. Others actively promote dangerous fringe ideologies. Still more have threatened Americans’ rights, and attacked the privileges of citizenship," Booker said.

The Democratic lawmaker then went on to criticize Sessions, stating that he "possesses ideologies that are in conflict with basic tenants of the Justice Department’s mission."

"Like any cabinet-level nominee, Senator Sessions deserves a fair hearing before the Senate and I look forward to fully reviewing his nomination before casting my vote. But based on my experience over three years of working with him, I am concerned that he possesses ideologies that are in conflict with basic tenants of the Justice Department’s mission," he said.

"Not only has Senator Sessions been a staunch opponent of reforming the tragic shortcomings in our criminal justice system, he holds a number of views that are inconsistent with how most Americans believe justice should be applied under our Constitution."

Trump's decision to choose Sessions to be his next attorney general was met with widespread criticism among Democratic lawmakers on Friday.

Many critics also pointed out that Sessions' nomination to a judicial post in 1980s was withdrawn by Ronald Reagan, after Sessions allegedly referred to the American Civil Liberties Union as "un-American," and called the Ku Klux Klan "OK, until learned they smoked marijuana."

Trump has also tapped Rep. Mike Pompeo (R-Kan.) to lead the CIA, Ret. Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn as his national security adviser, Republican National Committee Chair Reince Priebus as chief of staff, and former Breitbart News executive Stephen Bannon as chief strategist and senior counselor.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/306791-dem-senator-sessions-ideologies-in-conflict-with-tenants-of-the
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Dem senator: Sessions' ideologies 'in conflict' with Justice Dept.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 07:50:43 pm »
Yep, prepare to be filibustered.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 07:53:58 pm »
Yep, prepare to be filibustered.

Bring on the nuclear option. Democrats opened that door. They read too many headlines that Obama was the starting point for 40 years of Democrat rule.

Yeah, and the Third Reich was going to last 1000 years. I sure hope the Pubbies aren't getting too full of themselves.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

HonestJohn

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 07:58:43 pm »
If there is a Scalia seat (ie: conservative) at the Supreme court... I guess there is a Obama seat (ie: liberal) for the Attorney General.

I say it's wrong for both.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 07:59:38 pm »
That's kind of the point, Cory.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline doghouse

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 08:32:37 pm »
Lately, the justice department under Obama has done nothing but protect the Clinton criminal family from being held responsible to our nations laws.

They have pushed the idea that if they can get away with it that is all that matters.

They have clearly demonstrated that honor, honesty, and integrity mean nothing as long as charges cannot be proven.

Their playbook consists of a single policy and that is as long as we can get away with it we can and should do it.

The current justice departments motto is, "it is our job to make sure they can't prove it".  See how well that fits right in?

So, Liberals, anything is better than the excuse for justice that you find so favorable.

I am a full supporter of the laws of our nation, and the rule of law being equally applied to all no matter what party they support, what color they are, or if they are male or female.  I do not care if you do not agree with some laws.  If they are on the books, IE immigration laws, then they should be either enforced or removed per the constitution.  There should be no other options.

All of this is a foreign concept to the Obamas, the Clintons, and it seems to the vast majority of liberals.

The investigation into Hillary's alleged crimes will continue as they should.  I really want all of the evidence be presented to a federal grand jury so the people can decide.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 08:36:31 pm »
Booker isn't the problem. Somebody like Lindsey Graham who thinks he is the final authority on all matters legal are the problem.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline doghouse

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2016, 08:27:58 pm »
I'm not a religious zealot either and I will not support the idea that their religion justifies our laws. 

The constitution justifies our laws, pure and simple.

I am a constitutionalist. 

You do not have to be religious to be conservative. That is something that the left refuses to recognize and it has cost them dearly.  The right needs to also realize this fact before then alienate the non religious conservatives who just voted to make Trump president.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2016, 10:43:43 pm »
Women and blacKS only need apply.

They already Borked W's Hispanic pick
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 10:45:20 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2016, 10:53:40 pm »
That's kind of the point, Cory.

Yes! The entire point in fact!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2016, 03:49:35 pm »
The problem with the current justice department is obstruction of justice!  I hope Sessions drains that swamp dry!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2016, 03:59:00 pm »
That's alright; Dem ideologies are in conflict with most of America.