Author Topic: Lawmakers: We're Not Finished with Hillary Clinton ....  (Read 1548 times)

rangerrebew

Lawmakers: We're Not Finished with Hillary Clinton ....
« on: November 18, 2016, 05:34:18 pm »
Lawmakers: We're Not Finished with Hillary Clinton ....
Published November 16, 2016

By Catherine Herridge, Pamela K. Browne

Published November 15, 2016  | FoxNews.com

At least four congressional investigations into Hillary Clinton’s personal email use and mishandling of classified information are expected to go forward even after the former secretary of state’s election loss last week, Republican lawmakers tell Fox News.

The probes, which cover allegations that Clinton lied to Congress about her email practices in October 2015 and that government records were destroyed, are ongoing and not dependent on the election's outcome, two senior Republican senators said.

"I still don't have the information I need," Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, told Fox News. Johnson said the work of his committee, with jurisdiction over government records and the mishandling of classified information, would be careful not to disrupt President-elect Donald Trump’s priorities.

http://www.foxnews.com/2016/11/16/lawmakers-were-not-finished-hillary-clinton

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Lawmakers: We're Not Finished with Hillary Clinton ....
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 06:10:50 pm »
Personally, I would prefer that the Legislative Branch do some legislatin' before taking another whack or two at Hillary. There will be plenty of time for that after Trump's first 100 days.

Not to mention getting the 2018 budget passed before re-opening the Clinton investigations.

I'm starting to get the feeling that the Pubbies are falling back in their echo canyons, and not understanding the $hitstorm that will hit them if they lollygag around.

Inside the Beltway should be called "The State of Denial."
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 06:24:53 pm »
Personally, I would prefer that the Legislative Branch do some legislatin' before taking another whack or two at Hillary. There will be plenty of time for that after Trump's first 100 days.

Not to mention getting the 2018 budget passed before re-opening the Clinton investigations.

I'm starting to get the feeling that the Pubbies are falling back in their echo canyons, and not understanding the $hitstorm that will hit them if they lollygag around.

Inside the Beltway should be called "The State of Denial."

They are damn lucky to do as well as they did considering the repugnantcans who infest congress failed to do anything they promised after the last election.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 06:26:51 pm »
They are damn lucky to do as well as they did considering the repugnantcans who infest congress failed to do anything they promised after the last election.

With the exception of Maeve, the Pubbies in Congress are more "host" than human (Westworld reference). 
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 06:31:24 pm »
As with the lack of recrimination to Obama for his unconstitutional acts, it would be a severe mistake for our Congress to not enforce the law for the crimes committed by Hillary.

We cannot allow this behavior to be done without accountability for those actions. 

For the same reasons, the IRS commissioner should be removed by Congress as well.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 06:46:23 pm »
As with the lack of recrimination to Obama for his unconstitutional acts, it would be a severe mistake for our Congress to not enforce the law for the crimes committed by Hillary.

We cannot allow this behavior to be done without accountability for those actions. 

For the same reasons, the IRS commissioner should be removed by Congress as well.

Agreed; however, they shouldn't actually press charges against her until Bammy is out of the White House and then they can go after them both!!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline bilo

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 06:53:01 pm »
Criminal investigations should not slow down any legislation. The Pubs should have a lot of bills ready to go on the first day. They aren't starting from scratch.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 06:58:43 pm »
Agreed; however, they shouldn't actually press charges against her until Bammy is out of the White House and then they can go after them both!!
:amen:

Talking with liberals after the election they all said "everyone does it" when I said hillary was not only corrupt but sold her office to the highest bidder. The only way to end the acceptance of this criminal/treasonous behavior is to hold hillary accountable. No everyone does not do it and those that do should go to prison.

I strongly recommend the book "Clinton Cash" to anyone who hasn't read it, or wants to cut hillary a break and just let it go. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline doghouse

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 07:22:40 pm »
I believe in and fully support the rule of law in our nation.  Hillary does not get a pass or a get out of jail free card.

If the laws do not apply to her than they should not apply to any of us.  There is no middle ground in this for me.

Having had a TS security clearance for over 20 years while on active duty I absolutely know that every person who was awarded that clearance attended annual or semi annual mandatory training on the care, control, accountability, and storage of classified data.  I have not yet found a vet who attended those briefings who does not remember going or who does not remember the content of the classes.

If any of us had committed the crimes, national security breach, that Hillary is totally responsible for we would still be in a federal prison.

Hillary should be held to that exact level of accountability for her many felonies.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 07:56:55 pm »
I believe in and fully support the rule of law in our nation.  Hillary does not get a pass or a get out of jail free card.

If the laws do not apply to her than they should not apply to any of us.  There is no middle ground in this for me.

Having had a TS security clearance for over 20 years while on active duty I absolutely know that every person who was awarded that clearance attended annual or semi annual mandatory training on the care, control, accountability, and storage of classified data.  I have not yet found a vet who attended those briefings who does not remember going or who does not remember the content of the classes.

If any of us had committed the crimes, national security breach, that Hillary is totally responsible for we would still be in a federal prison.

Hillary should be held to that exact level of accountability for her many felonies.

IMHO, those holding executive level positions should be held to a higher standard than the average worker.

rangerrebew

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2016, 09:24:52 pm »
IMHO, those holding executive level positions should be held to a higher standard than the average worker.

They hold themselves to higher positions.  Positions so high they are above the law.  Historically, that is an indicator the republic doesn't have a whole lot of time left.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2016, 10:04:35 pm »
Republicans and Democrats alike that refuse to investigate and then prosecute Clinton simply do not believe in constitutional law or the Constitution itself.

If any investigation hampers ANY legislation or political agenda, so be it. That ALL takes a back seat. If the rule of law means so little to people, they deserve the oligarchy they are responsible for. We got to this place in time because gutless cowards kicked the can and put expedience above justice. Letting Clinton slide because people are sick of her/feel bad/have no spine just means a future where increasingly more politicians get away with anything. The swamp cannot be drained by wrist slapping it's inhabitants.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2016, 11:47:42 pm »
Criminal investigations should not slow down any legislation. The Pubs should have a lot of bills ready to go on the first day. They aren't starting from scratch.

:amen: No reason  to even suggest such a thing!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien