Author Topic: Millennials Ditching Party ID, Post-Election Analysis Shows  (Read 699 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Millennials Ditching Party ID, Post-Election Analysis Shows
« on: November 18, 2016, 04:28:28 pm »
It comes as no surprise that millennials overwhelmingly voted for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election, but it wasn’t because they identified as Democrats or with Clinton as a candidate, panelists at a discussion in Washington on the 2016 millennial vote said Thursday.

“Young people who cast ballots in 2016 were more likely to identify as liberal than in recent elections, but they were less likely to identify as Democrats,” said Abby Kiesa, a political scientist at Tufts University. “This shift suggests that young people increasingly embrace the liberal ideology but do not necessarily see the Democratic Party as an institution that can represent and advance those ideas.”...

Read more at: http://www.rollcall.com/news/millennials-ditching-party-id-post-election-analysis
The Republic is lost.

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Millennials Ditching Party ID, Post-Election Analysis Shows
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 04:44:29 pm »
I'm sure I'm not the only conservative Boomer that's ditched the Pubbie Party.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 06:22:32 pm »
I'm sure I'm not the only conservative Boomer that's ditched the Pubbie Party.

Well....I'd say that if Millenials ditch the Democrats, we've been handed a golden opportunity to be in power for an extended period, and that staying united and trying to nominate the best conservatives possible would be the wisest course. Let them fracture.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 06:27:55 pm »
Well....I'd say that if Millenials ditch the Democrats, we've been handed a golden opportunity to be in power for an extended period, and that staying united and trying to nominate the best conservatives possible would be the wisest course. Let them fracture.

Agreed.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 06:40:53 pm »

Especially in off year elections where the GOP does best.
The Republic is lost.