Author Topic: Can Trump actually drain the swamp? The answer is murky...  (Read 523 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Can Trump actually drain the swamp? The answer is murky...
« on: November 18, 2016, 04:06:24 pm »
Washington (CNN)Reformers elated by President-elect Donald Trump's new tough ban on lobbying after serving in his administration can just as quickly find a reason to be disappointed.

That's because they've heard and seen this before.

"I am in this race to tell the corporate lobbyists that their days of setting the agenda in Washington are over," then-Sen. Barack Obama said in November 2007. His administration put a two-year ban on lobbying

In 2016, Trump channeled the same anger against Washington and is proposing to build on the same policies Obama instituted.

"Every day you turn on the nightly news, you hear about how some self-interested banker or some Washington insider says they oppose the Trump campaign. That's because I don't need them. I don't want them. I'm going to do what's good for you," Trump said in Akron, Ohio, in August. "Or some big-time lobbyist says they oppose Donald Trump's campaign. Because I don't want the lobbyists. I've had plenty of lobbyists. They do a good job. They give you whatever you want. I wear their opposition as a badge of honor."...

Read more at: http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/18/politics/donald-trump-drain-the-swamp/index.html
The Republic is lost.

Oceander

Re: Can Trump actually drain the swamp? The answer is murky...
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 04:08:04 pm »
Not on his present course. 

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Can Trump actually drain the swamp? The answer is murky...
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 04:11:40 pm »
The problem I think it that our economy doesn't really like change, uncertainty, or chaos in the Federal government. Draining the swamp would introduce all three.