Author Topic: This Advice Column Proves You Shouldnt Listen To Social Justice Warriors  (Read 401 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
On Thursday, FiveThirtyEight debuted their new advice column called “Survey Says,” in which two columnists dispense wisdom using data they’ve collected from an online survey. The first question was from a person (presumably a woman) who identifies herself as Cindy Lou. She complained that her co-workers often make the mistake of calling her just “Cindy.”

Cindy Lou is at her wits’ end. She writes that her e-mail signature and business cards both include her full name, but that hasn’t changed her co-workers’ behavior. She wants to know how to best handle the situation. Enter Morgan Jerkins and Walt Hickey of FiveThirtyEight.

“If Cindy Lou identifies as a woman, I think it’s pretty sexist for someone to say that it’s bitchy for someone to ask to be called by her own name,” Jerkins writes.

Uhh, what? This makes my head hurt. We have to think about whether someone named CINDY LOU identifies as a man or a woman now? Are you freaking kidding me, FiveThirtyEight? If Cindy Lou identifies as a man, he’s got bigger problems than having people call him by his proper name. Anyway, here’s what the Internet thinks Cindy Lou should do according to the online survey results...

Read more at: http://thefederalist.com/2016/11/18/advice-column-proves-shouldnt-listen-social-justice-warriors/
The Republic is lost.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: This Advice Column Proves You Shouldnt Listen To Social Justice Warriors
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 05:06:57 pm »
Move to the south. People down there understand that women have two names.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour