Author Topic: Why is Obama lecturing Trump on foreign policy?  (Read 447 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Why is Obama lecturing Trump on foreign policy?
« on: November 18, 2016, 02:58:29 pm »
Thursday, while visiting German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin, lame-duck President Barack Obama issued a warning to his successor, President-elect Donald Trump over America’s policy toward Russia:

Politico has the details:

“I’ve sought a constructive relationship with Russia but what I have also been is realistic in recognizing there is some significant differences in how Russia views the world and how we view the world,” Obama said at a joint press conference in Berlin with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

He added: “And my hope is the president-elect coming in takes a similarly constructive approach: Finding areas where we can cooperate with Russia, where our values and interests align” but be “willing to stand up to Russia where they are deviating from our values and international norms.”

The language was mildly tempered and framed within the “My hope is…” preface, but Obama knows how the international media interprets such a remark.

The spectacle of a sitting president traveling overseas and issuing a “warning” over foreign policy to the man just elected to replace him is a troubling and disturbing one.

We are constantly told by this White House that President Obama’s agenda and actions are “unprecedented” in one way or the other, but in this case, it really is without precedent, and this new standard is a disturbing one.

Read more at: http://hotair.com/archives/2016/11/18/why-is-obama-lecturing-trump-on-foreign-policy/
The Republic is lost.

Offline r9etb

Re: Why is Obama lecturing Trump on foreign policy?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 03:00:01 pm »
Why is Obama lecturing Trump on foreign policy?

Because he's Obama.  Lecturing is what he does.  Hell ... lecturing is all he does.