Author Topic: Ignore the Mob. Long Live the Electoral College  (Read 463 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ignore the Mob. Long Live the Electoral College
« on: November 18, 2016, 01:30:54 pm »

Ignore the Mob. Long Live the Electoral College
56 Shares
By David Harsanyi
November 18, 2016

This week, anti-Trump protesters hit the streets in big cities around the country, chanting "This is what democracy looks like!" Yes. That's the problem.

For many Democrats, the greatest political system is the one that instills their party with the most power. Now that it looks like Hillary Clinton will "win" the fictional popular vote over Donald Trump, people -- not just young people who've spent their entire lives being told America is a democracy, but people who know better -- are getting hysterical about the Electoral College. Not only is it "unfair" and "undemocratic" but like anything else progressives dislike these days it's also a tool of "white supremacy" and "sexism."

more
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2016/11/18/ignore_the_mob_long_live_the_electoral_college_132378.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: Ignore the Mob. Long Live the Electoral College
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 06:43:10 pm »
Invariably, I get the feeling that calls to abolish the Electoral College, which happen almost as a matter
of course in extremely close elections, come not out of a genuine principle but out of outrage that
somebody's preferred candidate didn't make the cut.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Wingnut

Re: Ignore the Mob. Long Live the Electoral College
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 06:46:21 pm »
Invariably, I get the feeling that calls to abolish the Electoral College, which happen almost as a matter
of course in extremely close elections, come not out of a genuine principle but out of outrage that
somebody's preferred candidate didn't make the cut.

I say we change its name to the Electoral University.  The whole Electoral College is so Myspace.