Author Topic: History Strikes Back.... by Rich Lowry  (Read 441 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
History Strikes Back.... by Rich Lowry
« on: November 18, 2016, 01:24:21 pm »
by Rich Lowry November 18, 2016 12:00 AM @richlowry

Harping on the “right side of history” puts progressives on the wrong side of everyone else.

President Barack Obama won’t explicitly say that Donald Trump is on the wrong side of history, but surely he believes it.

The president basically thinks anyone who gets in his way is transgressing the larger forces of history with a capital “H.” In 2008, he declared John McCain “on the wrong side of history right now” (the “right now” was a generous touch — allowing for the possibility that McCain might get right with History at some future date).

Obama has returned to this phrase and argument obsessively. It is deeply embedded in his, and the larger progressive, mind — and indirectly contributed to the Left’s catastrophic defeat on November 8.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/442299/barack-obama-progressive-arrogance-leads-backlash
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline r9etb

Re: History Strikes Back.... by Rich Lowry
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 03:13:07 pm »
History was probably hanging out at the Javits Center on election night, and collapsed into a puddle of tears right around the time Wisconsin was called.

:silly:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: History Strikes Back.... by Rich Lowry
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 03:24:58 pm »
It has been the same with every progressive to ever come along! Jean Jacques Rousseau included!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien