Author Topic: Issa: 'Liberals trying to steal the election'  (Read 599 times)

Offline Vulcan

Issa: 'Liberals trying to steal the election'
« on: November 18, 2016, 05:42:36 am »
Rep. Darrell Issa said in a fundraising appeal Wednesday that he is mounting an effort to challenge the legality of some ballots still being counted in his tight re-election race.

A similar move to question certain ballots is being carried out by the campaign of his Democratic opponent, Doug Applegate.

Both campaigns say such efforts are routine in close elections. Issa, however, made the claim in his message that “liberals are trying to steal the election.”

The Vista Republican said that he led by just under 2 percentage points but that he expects that lead to shrink.

“The truth is, there are enough ballots left to be counted that I could still lose. I am optimistic that’s not going to happen though,” he said in the message.

More here

geronl

Re: Issa: 'Liberals trying to steal the election'
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 01:18:38 pm »
I'm not sure what he's talking about, liberals dominated the election with 90+% of the vote

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 06:29:57 pm »
I'm not sure what he's talking about, liberals dominated the election with 90+% of the vote

He's talking about the election for his specific house seat, not the general election.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 06:47:15 pm »

Where did that % come from?  Are you talking about the article which references Issa's reelection?

Issa is leading the vote.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington