Author Topic: Poll: Majority of Democrats want to ditch Electoral College  (Read 847 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: Majority of Democrats want to ditch Electoral College
« on: November 17, 2016, 11:25:08 pm »
By Jessie Hellmann - 11/17/16 06:17 PM EST

As Hillary Clinton continues to surge in the popular vote, a new poll released Thursday shows the majority of Americans, particularly Democrats, are in favor of abolishing the Electoral College.

The Huffington Post/YouGov Poll finds 66 percent of Democrats favor scrapping the Electoral College in favor of a popular vote system for election the president.

Republicans, meanwhile, are much less likely to favor a popular vote - only 13 percent said they would want Congress to amend the Constitution so the candidate who receives the most total votes nationwide wins the election.

It is unsurprising that Democrats are more likely to favor a popular vote method of voting.

more

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/306685-poll-majority-of-democrats-want-to-ditch-electoral-college

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

Re: Poll: Majority of Democrats want to ditch Electoral College
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 11:56:05 pm »
Clinton got 43% in 1992, they didn't seem to have a problem with that

Online LMAO

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 12:33:50 am »
This would switch if Trump won the Popular Vote but lost through the Electoral College.

Which, BTW, is why we have a EC

I'm betting most of those polled don't understand why we have the EC for electing presidents and the process that would need to happen to get rid of it
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 12:38:18 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 12:38:32 am »
By Jessie Hellmann - 11/17/16 06:17 PM EST

As Hillary Clinton continues to surge in the popular vote, a new poll released Thursday shows the majority of Americans, particularly Democrats, are in favor of abolishing the Electoral College.

The Huffington Post/YouGov Poll finds 66 percent of Democrats favor scrapping the Electoral College in favor of a popular vote system for election the president.

Republicans, meanwhile, are much less likely to favor a popular vote - only 13 percent said they would want Congress to amend the Constitution so the candidate who receives the most total votes nationwide wins the election.

It is unsurprising that Democrats are more likely to favor a popular vote method of voting.

more

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/306685-poll-majority-of-democrats-want-to-ditch-electoral-college
Shocking.

Democrats would eat crap sandwiches if they thought it would elect their guy to office.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 12:50:37 am »
Everytime they lose an election.

It's never their fault.

So they scapegoat the system.

If they got their wish on this, they'd be up s##t creek without a paddle.

It's LA and SF that put California's 55 electoral votes in their bag every 4 years.

Without those 2 cities they'd Never win the White House again.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 12:53:03 am »
Rats would also love to confiscate all wealth and make cars illegal. Should we do that too?

BTW, how accurate was the Huffpo/YouGov poll this election cycle?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 12:53:45 am by Frank Cannon »

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 01:02:06 am »
This is the wave of the future.

Fortunately, it will take a Constitutional amendment passing Congress and the States  and there is no chance of that happening for a few years..

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 01:53:15 am »
Clinton got 43% in 1992, they didn't seem to have a problem with that

They never have a problem with it when they win.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!