Author Topic: Conservative college president considered for education secretary  (Read 909 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Conservative college president considered for education secretary
By Gabby Morrongiello (@gabriellahope_) • 11/17/16 3:42 PM

Hillsdale College President Larry Arnn is being considered by President-elect Donald Trump to head the Department of Education in his new administration.

"Names fly around at light speed. Mine is one of the minor names. This is not the first time this has happened to me," Arnn wrote in an email to Hillsdale's campus newspaper on Thursday.

"Some people of influence would like for me to do it," Arnn said of filling the education secretary post, noting that he has not formally been asked by the president-elect's team if he is interested in the Cabinet-level position. "If those people decide to ask me, then I will make a decision. I will make no decision that I think would harm the college or result in my permanent separation from it."

Arnn, a co-founder of the Trump-friendly Claremont Institute, has served at helm of Hillsdale since 2000. The small liberal arts college in Michigan refuses to accept federal financial support and has consistently been ranked among the most conservative higher education institutions in the country.

Conservative radio personality Rush Limbaugh applauded the possibility that Arnn could head up the Education Department during his program on Wednesday.

"Can you imagine if Larry Arnn ended up as education secretary?" Limbaugh told his listeners. "You put him in there at education and Cruz or Jeff Sessions as attorney general — look, I'm here to tell you that the names I have seen floated are more solid and better in terms of conservatism than your average Republican nominee would put together."

Others rumored to be contenders for education secretary include former D.C. schools chancellor Michelle Rhee, Republican Congressman Luke Messer and former Education Department offical Bill Evers.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/conservative-college-president-considered-for-education-secretary/article/2607707
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Conservative college president considered for education secretary
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 10:34:42 pm »
If he were to take the position....he should submit a plan for shutting down the department and finish what Reagan tried to do.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 10:41:02 pm »
If he were to take the position....he should submit a plan for shutting down the department and finish what Reagan tried to do.

If Larry Arnn is actually named to this position he will spend every second of his day figuring out how to shutter the place and that would be a VERY good thing IMHO!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 04:48:56 pm »
When I saw Michelle Rhee was on the list... oy!

She's a true believer in the total power of the public school system. If he goes there, we can expect the Department of Education will continue it's overreach and liberal curriculum push.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 07:32:38 pm »
When I saw Michelle Rhee was on the list... oy!

She's a true believer in the total power of the public school system. If he goes there, we can expect the Department of Education will continue it's overreach and liberal curriculum push.

If Rhee gets the nod for the position...expect the NFT and NEA to launch a full scale smear campaign against her.

She was the DC schools boss when I was there and she pissed off the unions with her reforms and support for charter schools that even though she is one of them (A Liberal/Progressive Democrat)...the unions put so much pressure on the D.C. mayor that she was forced to step down.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!