Author Topic: Obama on anti-Trump protesters: 'I wouldn't advise them to be silent'  (Read 1635 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Obama on anti-Trump protesters: 'I wouldn't advise them to be silent'
By Sarah Westwood (@sarahcwestwood) • 11/17/16 1:10 PM

President Obama said Thursday in Berlin that he would not encourage Americans marching in protest of President-elect Trump's victory to stop their demonstrations.

"I wouldn't advise them to be silent," Obama said of "people who feel strongly or are concerned" about Trump's campaign rhetoric.

Addressing reporters after a bilateral meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Obama suggested social media and the rise of false news stories are partially to blame for the rise of Trump and populism around the world.

"If we can't discriminate between serious arguments and propaganda, then we have serious problems," Obama said.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obama-on-anti-trump-protestors-i-wouldnt-advise-them-to-be-silent/article/2607683
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Obama on anti-Trump protesters: 'I wouldn't advise them to be silent'
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 07:27:00 pm »
This is the level of brilliance we've come to expect from this demagogue. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 07:45:06 pm »

For a President of the United States to condone and actually encourage this kind of violence, destruction, and social unrest, is unprecedented in American history. Obama never should have been President. He is much more comfortable as an anti-American rabble-rouser, and I'm sure that is what he will return to when he leaves office.

Rather than imploring the rioters to stop the destruction and accept the results of the democratic process, Obama sounds like he wants to join them. If he was not President, I have little doubt that he would be in Portland with a megaphone leading the mobs and cheering them on.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 07:47:05 pm »
If the shoe were on the other foot, he'd be shouted down for inciting violence. Instead it's no big deal. Man this guy can't vacate the white house soon enough for me.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 07:49:09 pm »
If the shoe were on the other foot, he'd be shouted down for inciting violence. Instead it's no big deal. Man this guy can't vacate the white house soon enough for me.

Obama is acting "stupidly"

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 07:51:37 pm »
Obama is acting "stupidly"
It beats working for a livin'.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 07:55:40 pm »
It beats working for a livin'.

"He's" taking what they giving 'cause I'm working for a livin'.
-Huey Lewis.

HonestJohn

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 08:00:35 pm »

If the shoe were on the other foot, we'd be screaming about how he's shutting down free speech.  Or would you approve if he'd been President in the 2000 election with regard to the recount and the SoreLoserman protests... and demanded they stood down?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 08:16:50 pm »
We shouldn't allow him to frame this as a "free speech" issue.  It's a "free violence" issue.  We play into his hands when we allow ourselves to be shunted off into free speech.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 08:25:45 pm »

If the shoe were on the other foot, we'd be screaming about how he's shutting down free speech.  Or would you approve if he'd been President in the 2000 election with regard to the recount and the SoreLoserman protests... and demanded they stood down?

I don't remember random people being pulled out of cars and getting beaten to the point of hospitalization during those protests. I don't remember the fires being set, the cops being injured, and all the violent looting during those protests. I don't remember all the highways and bridges that were shut down for hours causing disruptions to an entire city.

No one is talking about stopping 'protests'. But these are not protests. These are insurgent actions intended to maximize the disruption to society at large. These are violent riots. That is a totally different thing than a protest.

These actions are violent criminal behavior. And for Obama to encourage these riots is unbelievable. It shows what kind of person he really is, behind the mask he wears in public.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2016, 08:56:34 pm »

I don't remember random people being pulled out of cars and getting beaten to the point of hospitalization during those protests. I don't remember the fires being set, the cops being injured, and all the violent looting during those protests. I don't remember all the highways and bridges that were shut down for hours causing disruptions to an entire city.

No one is talking about stopping 'protests'. But these are not protests. These are insurgent actions intended to maximize the disruption to society at large. These are violent riots. That is a totally different thing than a protest.

These actions are violent criminal behavior. And for Obama to encourage these riots is unbelievable. It shows what kind of person he really is, behind the mask he wears in public.

Precisely why we're doing a disservice by allowing the leftists to frame this as a "free speech" issue.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2016, 08:58:56 pm »
This is the level of brilliance we've come to expect from this demagogue.

I'd say I will not miss his arrogant hubris, but who really believes he'll SHUT THE HELL UP after his term is over.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2016, 09:00:46 pm »
I'd say I will not miss his arrogant hubris, but who really believes he'll SHUT THE HELL UP after his term is over.

Nobody believes that.  Jimmy Carter has been his most insufferable since he got his ass handed to him by Reagan.
I will NOT comply.

Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2016, 09:22:23 pm »
Nobody believes that.  Jimmy Carter has been his most insufferable since he got his ass handed to him by Reagan.

Jimmah the Peanut, took a few years underground before his piehole came unhinged in the 90's.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2016, 09:24:08 pm »
Jimmah the Peanut, took a few years underground before his piehole came unhinged in the 90's.

You are correct, and I wish he'd just go back to his happy hammering for Habitats for Humanity.
I will NOT comply.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2016, 09:30:41 pm »

Yep. It is always the bad ones who refuse to go away. They have unfinished business. The Presidents who did their job competently have a sense of completion. There is nothing left to say.

The incompetent Presidents have to hang around to defend their miserable decisions. They are constantly trying to revise, explain, and excuse, why they did this thing, or that thing. Given this trend, Obama will never go away since he was much, much, worse than Carter. At least Carter was an American. Carter was incompetent and stupid in many ways, but he loved America and at least believed he was doing the right thing.

I don't get that feeling from Obama. I get the feeling that Obama hates America, and that some of his decisions were done intentionally to take an overly arrogant America down a peg or two in the eyes of the world.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2016, 09:32:14 pm »
His comments rank right up there with how he thinks the American people think he's done a good job!  Obviously this guy doesn't have a freakin' clue.  He himself is responsible for the increase in violence in America and escalating racial tension. As President he should be ordering these people to stand down.  Yes the people have the right to assemble, but they do NOT have the right to violently protest.  This is exactly why the DEMS got their behinds handed to them.  I hope the Obama move far away ...I'm sure there are many of us who would be willing to buy them a one way ticket out of D.C.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

HonestJohn

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2016, 12:24:05 am »

And he's not talking about those, but of the peaceful protestors.