Author Topic: Trump meeting with Mitt Romney this weekend to discuss governing and possible Cabinet post  (Read 8542 times)

Offline Victoria33

Urban renewal huh? That didn't work the last time we tried it. They've been trying since the 60's.
@Weird Tolkienish Figure
One cannot rebuild an inner city when the inhabitants steal the equipment and building materials or burn it down if it gets built.

Offline kartographer

What a difference a couple of weeks makes! Can you just imagine the Hell I would have gotten if I just suggested that Romney, Priebus and Cruz would be great for Trumps cabinet?

What a buch of morroons!  :smokin:
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline Norm Lenhart

What a difference a couple of weeks makes! Can you just imagine the Hell I would have gotten if I just suggested that Romney, Priebus and Cruz would be great for Trumps cabinet?

What a buch of morroons!  :smokin:

I just take immense satisfaction in knowing that they proved me 100% right when I said they were unprincipled situational ethicists. They can call themselves conservatives all they want. They proved they arent.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Secretary of State is probably about the most difficult job there is.  Secretary of Defense is very grueling as well, it's close between the two.

SOS was basically an albatross to H. Clinton.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 01:01:36 am by TomSea »

Offline Frank Cannon

Trump supported Romney in 2012;

Wow.

"Wow"? Are you living in a relatives basement or just woke up from a 40 year coma last week? This has been common knowledge to most politically active people.

Offline cato potatoe

It's hard to imagine why Romney would want to serve in a Trump administration, unless he hoped to steer foreign policy towards interventionism.  That speech he gave on Trump's character was spot-on but disqualifying.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
"Wow"? Are you living in a relatives basement or just woke up from a 40 year coma last week? This has been common knowledge to most politically active people.

Trump supported Romney in 2012 after complaining that Romney was too tough on immigration.

"Wow"  :silly:

Offline TomSea

I knew that. I don't care if you want to interpret what I said and denigrate others. Par for the course from millenial snow flakes.

They've been through a lot, enemies, friends, etc. Romney might have even mastered that bit with McMullin, but now, they are unifying the party.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 01:46:37 am by TomSea »

Oceander

I just take immense satisfaction in knowing that they proved me 100% right when I said they were unprincipled situational ethicists. They can call themselves conservatives all they want. They proved they arent.

:thumbsup:

Offline TomSea

No, they just don't want to sit around and get nothing done and let extreme left wingers like Obama run things, that is what so-called principle conservatives give us.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
No, they just don't want to sit around and get nothing done and let extreme left wingers like Obama run things, that is what so-called principle conservatives give us.

Passing the blame....such a Liberal trait.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

Oooh, ethicists, well, we certainly are using fancy dan $20 words so that must get a lot done.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Oooh, ethicists, well, we certainly are using fancy dan $20 words so that must get a lot done.

Do you need need us to explain what ethicist means?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Oceander

Trump is simply reneging on every promise he made during the campaign.  How can you defang the GOPe when you've made them the core part of your administration?  Is it pragmatic?  Sure, but pragmatism is not what Trump was selling during the campaign, so if he's turning pragmatic now, it means he lied to y'all during the campaign.  Such gullible fools.  Told ya so.

Oceander

It think he needs us to explain what 'is' is. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

:silly: Probably!

Offline TomSea

Do you?

Offline kartographer

'We told you so' is a bitter dish that sticks in ones craw. You can tell by the bitter bile they spew who just had a heaping helping full of it.  :tongue2:
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline TomSea

No, I don't need anti-lifers like you telling me about ethics, that's for cocksure.

Offline kartographer

Do you?

Hey Pee Wee: "I know you are but what am I!"

Offline Rivergirl

Trump and Flynn are all in on Russia.   No way is Romney buying what they're selling.

Offline Hoodat

Please Please Please Please !  .  .  .  Somebody .  .  .  Pleeeeeeease provide me a link to TOS where those Trump worshipers are saying how brilliant it is for Trump to put Mitt Romney in his cabinet.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Trump is simply reneging on every promise he made during the campaign. 

Except for the liberal ones.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Romney would seem to fall into the anti-Putin camp; his choice for SOS may well be a splendid one.

To his credit, Romney would strengthen Trump's Conservative creds.  In fact, anyone to the right of Trump is a bonus.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

His priorities also include aiding Americans, stopping the slaughter of the unborn which must make him a target to vilify.

Is this the same Donald Trump who believes in using taxpayer dollars to subsidize the abortion industry?  At least Romney campaigned to cut off all federal funding for Planned Parenthood.  It is one of many issues where Romney lines up to the right of Trump.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-