Author Topic: Trump meeting with Mitt Romney this weekend to discuss governing and possible Cabinet post  (Read 8543 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Romney would seem to fall into the anti-Putin camp; his choice for SOS may well be a splendid one. 

We'd have to see, as said, he definitely warned of the danger Russia posed in 2012 and was laughed off by Obama and the DNC.
And my dignity is intact unlike yours. 

Now pucker up boy. :silly:

No it's not, you anti-Romneys and anti-Trumps might as well be pro-Obamas in my book.

And everything the left represents, you don't fight it, you allow it to happen.

Your luminary is a senator who has accomplished close to nigh.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
WHA???
Remember all the screeching at TOS about a potential bailout of Detroit?

Apparently they're all for it now.

Offline TomSea

Romney is an anti-Putinista like Sessions and Pence, but leave it to those who are not concerned about bigger things to use this as an opportunity to attack Trump.

What's important?

What's important is getting the best man in there to do their job, period.

Not if he's a Mormon or millionaire and so on.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Yeah, as long as it's my liberal.  :chairbang:

Anyone who believes fed administered urban renewal is a good idea is seriously out of touch and seriously liberal.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
:silly:

Lyndon Baines Trump I guess...

But instead of The Great Society...we'll have The YUUUGE Society.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline wolfcreek

Better local governance is needed. If the Feds filter down money it will just be wasted.

I can't disagree with that but, a lot of private money/financing will be used.

Offline wolfcreek

You'd rather sit back and watch the rest of the country crumble?  The time is now.

Offline TomSea

Secretary of State is going to involved in an auto-bailout? Man, there is not even rationality here.

Offline libertybele

I thought Trump was going to squash these GOPe types like bugs, not hire them.  There goes another campaign promise down the toilet.

I like Romney.  Let's face it, had he won over Obama this country wouldn't be on the brink of collapse, nor would Putin have made the advancements that he has.  I think Romney would make an excellent Secretary of State.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Rivergirl

rush, scammity, Levin and I am sure there are others who spent years bashing the so called establishment republicans.
These republicans were elected by the people in their communities and it seems to me that the loudmouths wanted to decide who should be elected.
Well, their never ending bashing worked, didn't it.
Now we have a know nothing reality show conman for president.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It seems to be mere speculation about offering him a position.  It could just as likely be misdirection.

Yup ...  I'd love to be a fly on the wall for THIS conversation.   :smokin:

Offline Cripplecreek

rush, scammity, Levin and I am sure there are others who spent years bashing the so called establishment republicans.
These republicans were elected by the people in their communities and it seems to me that the loudmouths wanted to decide who should be elected.
Well, their never ending bashing worked, didn't it.
Now we have a know nothing reality show conman for president.

Yeah, Team Trump is just throwing names out there now in a desperate attempt to get everybody on board. Most of the names will never reach confirmation and most of those that do will be rejected.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

First "Ayotte, then Cruz,now Romney" have the FR people freaking out.

LOL!  They've calmed down  @GrouchoTex .... you should go visit again, the thread has become very clever and quite funny.   :laugh:

Offline bilo

I like Romney.  Let's face it, had he won over Obama this country wouldn't be on the brink of collapse, nor would Putin have made the advancements that he has.  I think Romney would make an excellent Secretary of State.

I agree.

I don't like Romney on social policy, but in other areas he is excellent. Who knows maybe Trump won't be a total disaster.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Yeah, Team Trump is just throwing names out there now in a desperate attempt to get everybody on board. Most of the names will never reach confirmation and most of those that do will be rejected.

I disagree.

I think almost all the nominations, if not all, will be confirmed and it will be done quickly. Also, I think Trump wants to do well so everyone will know "he's a winner". If that means bringing in people who disagree with him on policy, or his lack of character, he'll do it. He'll keep those that disagree with him on policy in positions where they won't affect policy. He does see a big picture.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3495470/posts

Freakers ain't happy, lol.  :silly:

Freepers will never be happy.  They made a god out of trump and he can do no wrong so ... what to do when he does stuff they don't like?

Justify, whine, ignore??  What to do?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Six dimensional chess in play here...

Let me know when trump masters tiddldiwinks.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Romney would seem to fall into the anti-Putin camp; his choice for SOS may well be a splendid one. 

We'd have to see, as said, he definitely warned of the danger Russia posed in 2012 and was laughed off by Obama and the DNC.
No it's not, you anti-Romneys and anti-Trumps might as well be pro-Obamas in my book.

And everything the left represents, you don't fight it, you allow it to happen.

Your luminary is a senator who has accomplished close to nigh.

Always the need to dump on Ted Cruz.  You may require extensive therapy.

I would like a Romney appointment to Sec of State but I'm not celebrating anything Trump MAY do.  I'll wait till he actually does something.

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline Norm Lenhart

Whats more disgusting is how many people here have excuses for him.

Offline Cripplecreek

Offline GrouchoTex

LOL!  They've calmed down  @GrouchoTex .... you should go visit again, the thread has become very clever and quite funny.   :laugh:
They hadn't got up to 50 yet when I saw it, but they were going after Haley, also.
It's all just a bored media not interested in covering real news.
Not that the cabinet isn't a big deal, but every hour a new name comes out and it's been all of nine days.
Riots? What riots?

I can't complain with what I've seen so far, as far as cabinet picks, etc.,  though.
Some I like more than others, but we all go through that.
Pence is still the #1 pick made so far, and that is turning out really well.

Offline Victoria33

Could be Trump is calling his enemies in on the pretext of a position so he can watch them crawl to him, then he will reject them.  Humiliate them is the Trump payback.

Offline Cripplecreek

Throwback to 2012