Author Topic: Rep. Peter King Touted as Trump's Homeland Security Advisor  (Read 1431 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rep. Peter King Touted as Trump's Homeland Security Advisor
« on: November 17, 2016, 05:24:26 pm »

Newsmax
Rep. Peter King Touted as Trump's Homeland Security Advisor
Wednesday, November 16, 2016 11:05 PM

By: John Gizzi

As Donald Trump begins to assemble his national security team, Newsmax has learned that Rep. Peter King, R.-NY, is being discussed as the President’s Homeland Security advisor.

The former chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, King, is considered one of the most respected experts in Congress on the issue of terrorism and homeland security issues.

Reached at the U.S. Capitol late Wednesday afternoon, King told us he “had heard rumors about this appointment, but I don’t expect it to be offered.”

“My obsesson is with the issues of terrorism and security, but I think I can do more on those issues in Congress,” he said.

King, a suburban Republican Congressmen from Long Island, is a long-time friend of Trump’s who had been an early primary supporter.

“Pete would be awesome in that job!” former House Intelligence Committee Peter Hoekstra, R.-Mich., told Newsmax on Wednesday.

Hoekstra, who came to Congress with King in 1992, added that the New Yorker “is one of most knowledgeable people in Congress on what threatens Americans.”

The position of Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism within the White House was created in 2001 and is equivalent to that National Security Advisor. The position helpd the president coordinate security policies with the Homeland Security department, as well as the Defense Department, CIA and other agencies.

Current Assistant Lisa Monaco oversees a Homeland Security Council (HSC) that assesses risks to the U.S. and makes recommendations to the President for security policy.

Because of his background overseeing Homeland Security and related issues in the House, King has been talked about for the job by present and former colleagues as well as some friends of the President-elect.

The veteran lawmaker shares Trump’s hard-line on security issues, ranging from monitoring immigrants from terrorist nations to continuance of the Patriot Act.

At the same time, he has worked closely with Obama Administration officials such as former Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and former CIA Director David Petraeus in formulating a counterterrorism agenda.

Sources close to the Trump transition say King has not been campaigning for the position, but has been discussed because of his “incredible credentials,” his ability to work with Democrats, and most importantly, as one source put it bluntly, “Donald likes the guy.”

Asked if he would accept the White House slot if it is offered to him by the President-elect, King replied, “I certainly will look at it.”

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/peter-king-trump-homeland/2016/11/16/id/759329/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Rep. Peter King Touted as Trump's Homeland Security Advisor
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 06:46:32 pm »
Hoekstra, who came to Congress with King in 1992, added that the New Yorker “is one of most knowledgeable people in Congress on what threatens Americans.”

For someone so mart...he sure makes some dumb votes.

Immigration:

Voted in favor of allowing illegal immigrants to remain in the U.S. without legal residency in 2002
Voted against penalizing cities that give sanctuary to illegal aliens in 2004
Voted against an amendment requiring states and localities to cooperate with federal authorities in enforcing immigration law in 2004
Voted against a 2005 amendment punishing state and local governments that don't share information with federal immigration authorities by withholding funding

National Defense and Foreign Policy:

Voted in favor of a $100 billion bailout of the International Monetary Fund in 2009

Civil Liberties:

Voted in favor of a five year extension of the FISA Amendments Act in 2012
Voted in favor of reauthorizing the Violence Against Women Act in 2013
Voted in favor of the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA) in 2013
Voted against a 2013 amendment preventing the NSA from blanket metadata collection on Americans without authorization
Voted against a 2014 amendment preventing the NSA from blanket metadata collection on Americans without authorization

- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/members/peter-king/issue-votes/#sthash.GUP7bKqK.dpuf

He's rated at a Liberty Score of 27 at Conservative Review.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 06:52:24 pm »
Oh look! Another New York RINO!

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 06:56:02 pm »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 11:16:29 pm »
Pete King.... RINO SCUMBAG.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 11:19:36 pm »
Big mistake, King is a clown and if selected will surely embarrass Trump at every opportunity.

Certain interested parties are trying to influence the direction of the incoming administration.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 11:34:54 pm »
But he is from New York so he will be great, just great, the greatest.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 11:37:27 pm »
For someone so mart...he sure makes some dumb votes.

Immigration:

Voted in favor of allowing illegal immigrants to remain in the U.S. without legal residency in 2002
Voted against penalizing cities that give sanctuary to illegal aliens in 2004
Voted against an amendment requiring states and localities to cooperate with federal authorities in enforcing immigration law in 2004
Voted against a 2005 amendment punishing state and local governments that don't share information with federal immigration authorities by withholding funding

National Defense and Foreign Policy:

Voted in favor of a $100 billion bailout of the International Monetary Fund in 2009

Civil Liberties:

Voted in favor of a five year extension of the FISA Amendments Act in 2012
Voted in favor of reauthorizing the Violence Against Women Act in 2013
Voted in favor of the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA) in 2013
Voted against a 2013 amendment preventing the NSA from blanket metadata collection on Americans without authorization
Voted against a 2014 amendment preventing the NSA from blanket metadata collection on Americans without authorization

- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/members/peter-king/issue-votes/#sthash.GUP7bKqK.dpuf

He's rated at a Liberty Score of 27 at Conservative Review.

Good old Pete King. After the Gabby Giffords shooting he was screeching to anyone who would listen that we need laws to protect congressmen from their constituents. From that day forward he was forever known as bubble boy to me.

Offline beandog

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 11:49:46 pm »
Hate Peter King but if he leaves the House won't we lose another seat?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 11:54:49 pm »
I've been pretty positive about Trump's rumored picks so far, but King, notsomuch. The guy is barely a Republican and sometimes I question his senility.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2016, 12:11:01 am »
Pete King should not be anywhere near this position. He is a terrorist loving piece of human shit.....

“We must pledge ourselves to support those brave men and women who this very moment are carrying forth the struggle against British imperialism in the streets of Belfast and Derry,” Mr. King told a pro-I.R.A. rally on Long Island, where he was serving as Nassau County comptroller, in 1982. Three years later he declared, “If civilians are killed in an attack on a military installation, it is certainly regrettable, but I will not morally blame the I.R.A. for it.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/09/us/politics/09king.html

Pete King deserves to be spit on and thrown in the dumpster.

geronl

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2016, 12:14:12 am »
Big mistake, King is a clown and if selected will surely embarrass Trump at every opportunity.

Certain interested parties are trying to influence the direction of the incoming administration.

I'm not sure the Orange One is capable of being embarrassed

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2016, 12:16:16 am »
Not only no but he'll no!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2016, 12:48:41 am »
Keep that King away.  Far away.  King ain't got sense enough to pour pis out of a boot
If the directions were printed on the heel.