Author Topic: Ted Cruz: Democrats 'getting nuttier' after Trump win  (Read 1290 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ted Cruz: Democrats 'getting nuttier' after Trump win
« on: November 17, 2016, 02:12:40 pm »

Ted Cruz: Democrats 'getting nuttier' after Trump win

By Louis Nelson

11/17/16 08:45 AM EST

Donald Trump’s surprise victory in last week’s presidential election has sent Democrats into a “bizarre spiral of getting nuttier and nuttier,” Sen. Ted Cruz said Thursday morning, and Republicans will have to see where the minority party lands before deciding how closely to work with them on the president-elect’s agenda.

“Well, listen, we need to see how the Democrats respond,” Cruz (R-Texas) said on Fox News’s “Fox & Friends” when asked how much cooperation the GOP should seek across the aisle. “I think the lesson they took from this election is they weren't liberal and extreme enough and they've got to get even more whacked out and disconnected from the American people. I hope some saner heads prevail in the Democratic Party. I hope there are Democratic senators who actually want to come and do the job we've been given.”

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/ted-cruz-trump-win-democrats-231543
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Ted Cruz: Democrats 'getting nuttier' after Trump win
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 02:46:36 pm »
Fox News ‏@FoxNews 15m15 minutes ago
.@tedcruz: "I am eager and committed to work with President-elect Trump...in whatever capacity I can have the greatest impact."

:thumbsup2:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 02:55:20 pm »
Cruz is right. It appears that they want to go even more leftist. Go for it, Dims.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 02:55:54 pm »
There's no doubt in my mind that Ted Cruz would be an independent Attorney General. However, I see a situation unfold where a deal is made between Trump and McConnell. It would get Cruz out of the Senate, and Trump could fire Ted within months of being confirmed.

As a guide, Ted need only look at Chris Christie, who was played like a Stradivarius by Trump.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline chae

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 02:57:54 pm »
Exactly!  Ted needs to stay in the Senate!  He'd do more good there, I think.  Much better than a replacement such as Dewhurst or Perry. 

Offline austingirl

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 03:00:27 pm »
There's no doubt in my mind that Ted Cruz would be an independent Attorney General. However, I see a situation unfold where a deal is made between Trump and McConnell. It would get Cruz out of the Senate, and Trump could fire Ted within months of being confirmed.

As a guide, Ted need only look at Chris Christie, who was played like a Stradivarius by Trump.

Hmmm- we will see. If Trump actually wants to drain the swamp, Cruz would be great and if Trump fired him, then we would know that Trump was not serious. The question I have is whether Christie was dumped because of Bridgegate. Hoping for the best for the future of the USA.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 03:03:48 pm »
Exactly!  Ted needs to stay in the Senate!  He'd do more good there, I think.  Much better than a replacement such as Dewhurst or Perry.

Last night, I called in to John David Wells' show, as the issue was Ted Cruz as possible AG. I said I was fine with that, but took issue with his prediction of Dan Patrick filling Ted's seat, and George P. Bush taking over as Lt. Governor. Wells likes Prescott, but he understood my antipathy to the Bush clan.

If Cornyn decides to retire in 2020, Ted would become the Senior Senator from Texas. That prospect greatly pleases me.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 03:06:52 pm »
Hmmm- we will see. If Trump actually wants to drain the swamp, Cruz would be great and if Trump fired him, then we would know that Trump was not serious. The question I have is whether Christie was dumped because of Bridgegate. Hoping for the best for the future of the USA.

I think Christie also equaled cronyism, at lease in the eyes of the new transition team.

Offline endicom

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 03:18:07 pm »

This should help him stay in the Senate. Being seen as a perpetual malcontent would have hurt his re-election prospects.

Being a senator, especially if he rises in stature, allows him more independence than would a cabinet position.

Online corbe

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 03:22:34 pm »

@austingirl

This may have something to do with it.

Kushner vs. Christie: The nasty Trump transition fight that goes back a decade

Story highlights
Real estate mogul Charles Kushner is the father of Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump's husband
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie prosecuted Charles Kushner when he was a US attorney

(CNN) — The first time Chris Christie squared off with a Kushner, the scene was a federal court and the outcome -- along with all the tabloid drama -- helped vault the future governor of New Jersey into the Republican elite.

His opponent then, in the early 2000s, was the billionaire real estate developer Charles Kushner. Also a prominent Democratic political donor, Kushner's criminal tax evasion and witness tampering case won Christie, then a US attorney, triumphant headlines in the country's largest media market.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/16/politics/trump-transition-jared-kushner-chris-christie/index.html
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2016, 03:38:38 pm »

@austingirl

This may have something to do with it.

Kushner vs. Christie: The nasty Trump transition fight that goes back a decade

Story highlights
Real estate mogul Charles Kushner is the father of Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump's husband
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie prosecuted Charles Kushner when he was a US attorney

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/16/politics/trump-transition-jared-kushner-chris-christie/index.html

Thanks for info- I think this explains why Christie is gone.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2016, 03:48:27 pm »

I am trying to keep an open mind about Trump.  With me its a wait and see approach.  But talks about people like Guliani for AG don't give much hope.  If he is just placing political figures which gave him support throughout his candidacy he should remember that it was the people who got him elected.  Specifically Evangelical leaders like Franklin Graham.  And appointing people who are pro-abortion and pro-gun control would be a slap in the face to those who got him elected.  And if he goes down the Thiel road with all kinds of gay rights stuff Christians will have to face the fact that Trump has not changed his stripes.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2016, 03:50:45 pm »

That depends on your meaning of "played" and "Stradivarius"...Christie became a liability by his own hand, not Trump's.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2016, 04:18:08 pm »
I am trying to keep an open mind about Trump.  With me its a wait and see approach.  But talks about people like Guliani for AG don't give much hope.  If he is just placing political figures which gave him support throughout his candidacy he should remember that it was the people who got him elected.  Specifically Evangelical leaders like Franklin Graham.  And appointing people who are pro-abortion and pro-gun control would be a slap in the face to those who got him elected.  And if he goes down the Thiel road with all kinds of gay rights stuff Christians will have to face the fact that Trump has not changed his stripes.

It's been my experience that 70 year old leopards don't change their stripes.   :huh?:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2016, 05:10:35 pm »
Cruz is right. It appears that they want to go even more leftist. Go for it, Dims.

Yes.  "Texas) said on Fox News’s “Fox & Friends” when asked how much cooperation the GOP should seek across the aisle. “I think the lesson they took from this election is they weren't liberal and extreme enough and they've got to get even more whacked out and disconnected from the American people. I hope some saner heads prevail in the Democratic Party. I hope there are Democratic senators who actually want to come and do the job we've been given.”

We may have just lost the title:  The Stupid Party.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2016, 05:15:38 pm »
It's been my experience that 70 year old leopards don't change their stripes.   :huh?:

Do not even delude yourself into thinking that Trump may somehow become a decent person.  I do not expect that.  I don't even expect a decent president .... but .... we are rid of Hillary; the dims are in hysterics and if Trump does a couple of good things, I'm okay with him.

Two main thing:  Obamacare goes and is not replaced.  We were better off before Obamacare and don't even try to preach good things about it.  The other is a conservative appointment to the Supreme Court.  That will earn him 4 years from me.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2016, 06:30:37 pm »
My Dad if he were still alive would not recognize the Democrat party of today. A party he voted for since WWII and a Reagan democrat in 1984
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn