Author Topic: Rand Paul defends top Trump aide Steve Bannon  (Read 288 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Rand Paul defends top Trump aide Steve Bannon
« on: November 17, 2016, 01:40:38 pm »
Rand Paul defends top Trump aide Steve Bannon

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., jumped back into the national news cycle Tuesday — after several quiet months — by condemning some of President-elect Donald Trump’s potential picks for top jobs.

But Paul also defended Trump’s most controversial hire so far: Steve Bannon.

Paul told Yahoo News that criticism of Trump’s decision to make the former Breitbart News CEO his chief counselor was “sour grapes by people who lost.”

“When people lose, they look for a scapegoat or they try to caricature people, and I think [Bannon is] a human being,” he said. “I think they’re making him a scapegoat and a caricature of something they want to be their enemy, and I don’t think any of it’s true.”

“I’ve met him. I don’t believe him to be a racist. I don’t believe him to be someone who characterizes people on race, gender, religion, you name it,” Paul said. “I think he ought to be judged by how well he performs.”

Read More At: https://www.yahoo.com/news/rand-paul-defends-top-trump-aide-steve-bannon-222622198.html

Paul had this same sort of problem in his camp a few years ago, the "Southern Avenger", I forget his name, a radio show host in the Carolinas helped write Rand Paul's book. I don't know if the Avenger was that bad either. At some point, one has to say "so what!" if the guy hasn't done any real wrong.