Author Topic: Reid Proudly Declares Himself King of Earmarks: 'I Boast About Earmarks'  (Read 766 times)

rangerrebew

Reid Proudly Declares Himself King of Earmarks: 'I Boast About Earmarks'

(CNSNews.com) - On a day when "concerned" Senate Democrats met behind closed doors to look for a "path forward," as Sen. Harry Reid described it, Reid told reporters, "I'm one of the kings of earmarks."

The retiring Senate Minority Leader said he's "never apologized to anybody" for his attitude toward  taxpayer money that lawmakers direct to be spent on pet projects back home.

"I go home and I boast about earmarks. And that's what everyone should do," Reid said.

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/reid-proudly-declares-himself-king-earmarks-i-boast-about-earmarks

Offline LMAO

Re: Reid Proudly Declares Himself King of Earmarks: 'I Boast About Earmarks'
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 02:02:49 pm »
This guy is certifiable

However, the GOP has to resist the earmark urge. I know it's fun to buy votes and it's tough to resist to urge to bring the bacon home but fiscal responsibility is one of the legs of the stool of conservatism.

If they decide to spend like liberal Democrats, then we might as well have liberal Democrats in Congress. This may be another defense for the Electoral College. Since the President isn't elected by just a few states, and he doesn't have any district or state he needs to bring the cash to, it's easier for the President to veto spending bills
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 02:13:23 pm »
Great job Harry. Way to make your party look like a bunch of a=holes on your way out the door.

Anyone think Harry is leaving with a huge chip on his shoulder?

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 02:16:13 pm »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 02:21:55 pm »
Meh. He doesn't have anything on Robert Byrd, who has half the infrastructure in West Virginia named after him...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 02:22:33 pm »
Great job Harry. Way to make your party look like a bunch of a=holes on your way out the door.

Send him a broken rubber band...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 02:31:12 pm »
Meh. He doesn't have anything on Robert Byrd, who has half the infrastructure in West Virginia named after him...

Indeed.  And a very large chunk of the federal bureaucracy run out of WV, too. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 02:46:10 pm »

I'm pulling for the Bowflex.

Not so happy retirement, Mr Cleanface.