Author Topic: Howard Dean: This election might be the younger generations Kent State  (Read 767 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Deep thoughts via CNN from the former — and future? — head of the DNC. And very much of a piece with leftist thought lately:

For a lot of people, this is the Great Depression, but this time it's emotional & physical. Our bodies r breaking down w fear & rage…

— Sarah Silverman (@SarahKSilverman) November 16, 2016

Look at it this way. At least they’ve moved on from 9/11 analogies.

Well, some of them, anyway. Dean:

“This young generation, which I think is absolutely great, is used to doing everything on the Internet,” Dean said Wednesday on the SiriusXM radio channel Urban View with host Joe Madison. “They don’t really like institutions, they don’t need institutions. If they want change, they go on the Internet, find a half million people who agree with them, and insist on the change and they usually get it.”…

“So I really think this election, they’re so disheartened, so down and so tired and discouraged, this may be their Kent State or their Edmund Pettus Bridge,” he said. “Where you finally realize that you’ve got to do something, that you can’t — the path as Martin Luther King said, ‘the arc of the universe is long, but it bends toward justice.’ Well it only bends toward justice if you make it bend toward justice.”
Read more at: http://hotair.com/archives/2016/11/16/howard-dean-this-election-might-be-the-younger-generations-kent-state/
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Howard Dean: This election might be the younger generations Kent State
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 06:31:05 am »
So basically Crazy Howie is calling his Millennial friends a bunch of bed wetting basement dwellers who think they accomplished something by posting a meme on FB.

It's about the most rational thing he has ever said.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 07:04:48 am »

I was overseas in uniform at the time of Kent  State.

And 58,000 of my military brothers died in the war that evoked Kent State of Kent Sate. (a few sisters too)

Many of them were draftees, who served and died for their country.

The tears of the snowflakes today hardly compare to Kent State.

Nixon won 49 states, two years after Kent State, by the way.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 02:40:01 pm »

And 58,000 of my military brothers died in the war that evoked Kent State of Kent Sate. (a few sisters too)

Thank you for your service, TS. I was in HS from 68-72, the same high school that graduated Rachel Maddow, about 15 miles south of Berkeley...yes, liberalism dominated my campus, too.

My last two months of HS were as miserable as it could be. Fast forward 44 years, and my "safe space" would have been as large as the gymnasium. My "crime" was to accept an ROTC scholarship, earning me the wrath of the student body and most teachers. The only teacher who publicly backed me was my calculus teacher, a former Jesuit priest from Marquette. He was thrilled that I chose to matriculate at Gonzaga.

The anti-military attitude of the Bay Area dominates the Democrat Party even today...except when there's a defense contractor in their Congressional district.

I've never been back for one reunion, they can KMA.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 03:05:15 pm »

Thank you for your service.

This nutbar Dean is a great choice to lead the DNC. :silly:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 03:23:26 pm »

@truth_seeker

And that's the exact point they just can't understand. They are so self-absorbed that they cannot see that most people do not see things the same way they do.  And that for many people, even those who may agree with some of their substantive views, their methods/tactics are simply unacceptable.

Trump is going to rise in the polls as long as these liberal tools keep protesting the election, and disrupting the lives of others while doing so.

Also...I have to wonder about the inauguration.  I would imagine that is a targeting opportunity the left won't be able to resist, and so we're going to be treated to something we've never seen before -- large scale-efforts to disrupt/prevent a Presidential inauguration.

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 03:28:49 pm »
What a crock.