Author Topic: Trump considering SC Gov. Nikki Haley for secretary of State: reports  (Read 3104 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley is being considered for secretary of State in Donald Trump’s administration, a source told CNN Wednesday.

MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough reported the same thing earlier in the day.

The Trump campaign also announced Wednesday that Haley, along with a string of other current and former lawmakers, will meet with the president-elect Thursday.

Trump will also be meeting with Florida Gov. Rick Scott, Cincinnati Mayor Ken Blackwell, NSA head Mike Rogers, Rep. Jeb Hensarling (Texas), and former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger.

Haley was a reluctant supporter of Trump during his presidential run and supported Marco Rubio during the GOP primary...

Read more at: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/306503-trump-considering-sc-gov-nikki-haley-for-secretary-of-state-reports
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Trump considering SC Gov. Nikki Haley for secretary of State: reports
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 06:14:21 am »
Hensarling?

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 06:46:21 am »
Why?

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 08:16:49 am »
I'm beginning to think this will be the modus operandi of the Trump administration. Play with the media by throwing out names from the serious to the absurd...guess we will have to wait and see :shrug:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 09:01:55 am »
Thumbs down.  Her southern heritage attack episode puts her on my perpetual sh__ list.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 12:44:03 pm »
I'm beginning to think this will be the modus operandi of the Trump administration. Play with the media by throwing out names from the serious to the absurd...guess we will have to wait and see :shrug:

@montanajoe

LOL!  With an insane, leftstream media bouncing off the walls,  nine days after the election of our lifetime, you've got it figured. 

You had more than a year and a half to read tea leaves....but now, you've got it ALL figured out.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 12:48:14 pm »
Still think his best move would ne to keep any and all names close hold until after New Years.

Make the media's job that much harder when it comes to the personal attacks.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 12:48:50 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 02:26:40 pm »
Thumbs down.  Her southern heritage attack episode puts her on my perpetual sh__ list.

Why cause she wanted some stupid flag (which was put up by a Democrat) that was in rebellion against the United States? FWIW, I have some ancestors who fought for the South in the Civil War.  I'm very much glad the South lost.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 02:28:04 pm »
Still think his best move would ne to keep any and all names close hold until after New Years.

Make the media's job that much harder when it comes to the personal attacks.

Agreed.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 02:31:15 pm »
What happened to Bolton?

I've since heard two really bad names in his place.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2016, 02:45:21 pm »
May just be trial balloons?
More likely, a bored media making up stuff, more interested in covering Trump's meals than left wing riots in the streets.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2016, 02:58:52 pm »
Nikki Haley would be an excellent pick.   I hope this rumor is true. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2016, 03:00:42 pm »
What happened to Bolton?

He's been labeled a warmonger/neocon by Trump fans and thus summarily dismissed.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2016, 03:02:19 pm »

:amen:

This "pick" makes no sense whatsoever. There are numerous better candidates. Disinformation?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2016, 03:07:26 pm »
:amen:

This "pick" makes no sense whatsoever. There are numerous better candidates. Disinformation?

Haley as SoS would be a figurehead, nothing more. IMHO, all Cabinet Secretaries will be figureheads, as that's how Trump does his business. Everything will be run from Trump's office, as he's said he knows more than everyone else...not much difference there from how Obama ran things.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2016, 03:12:27 pm »
Haley as SoS would be a figurehead, nothing more. IMHO, all Cabinet Secretaries will be figureheads, as that's how Trump does his business. Everything will be run from Trump's office, as he's said he knows more than everyone else...not much difference there from how Obama ran things.

QFT

Offline raml

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2016, 03:15:21 pm »
I really can't believe that she is not a friend to Trump. He would have to watch his back all the time with her. I guess we should wait and see.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2016, 03:26:27 pm »
QFT

Be careful, I've been wrong many times before...   :silly:

Thanks, anyway! 
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2016, 03:27:49 pm »
Be careful, I've been wrong many times before...   :silly:

Thanks, anyway!

I was thinking along the same lines though...you just beat me to it.  He's not looking for leaders...he's looking for yes men who will rubber stamp anything he wants to do.

Just like the guy he's about to replace.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2016, 03:30:54 pm »

That's not even possible even if he wanted to run things that way.  There are already quite believable reports that he is surprised at the cope of his responsibilities, and it is simply impossible for a President to run every cabinet department personally.  If anything, I think we're likely to see cabinet officers given unusually large levels of discretion, simply because Trump won't want to get immersed in all those details.  He'll pick and choose the particular things he cares about, but otherwise, he simply cannot run them by himself.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 03:32:09 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2016, 08:43:03 pm »

Why cause she wanted some stupid flag (which was put up by a Democrat) that was in rebellion against the United States? FWIW, I have some ancestors who fought for the South in the Civil War.  I'm very much glad the South lost.

You are clueless aren't you?

It's not a matter of who won or lost.  I abhor slavery as an institution.  It's garbage like Haley and her ilk who want to destroy all aspects of the heritage of the confederacy.  I bet you supported the effort to dig up dead confederate generals too didn't you?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 08:45:59 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2016, 10:34:41 pm »
You are clueless aren't you?

It's not a matter of who won or lost.  I abhor slavery as an institution.  It's garbage like Haley and her ilk who want to destroy all aspects of the heritage of the confederacy.  I bet you supported the effort to dig up dead confederate generals too didn't you?

No..  The Confederacy was a nation that took up arms against this country.  No a bunch of states that left country and rebelled. If you want to fly flag so be it..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2016, 10:47:23 pm »
He's a reality TV star and he needs the spotlight. We are just lucky he isn't asking us to text in our votes after a talent show.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline kidd

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2016, 10:48:05 pm »
All part of the head fake.

In the past few days, people who strongly opposed Trump have been rumored to be considered for positions in the Trump administration
Cruz, Romney and Haley.

No way.

Why does Trump talk with people that don't like him?
Its a freebie.
It makes him look good and he doesn't commit to anything.

HonestJohn

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2016, 02:58:55 am »
What happened to Bolton?

From what I've read, there are enough Republicans who oppose Bolton in the Senate that, when combined with the Democrat Senators, will make his confirmation impossible.