Author Topic: Biden offers Pence an olive branch  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Biden offers Pence an olive branch
« on: November 16, 2016, 10:21:42 pm »
Biden offers Pence an olive branch
CNN, Nov. 16, 2016, Dan Merica,

Washington (CNN) — Vice President Joe Biden offered an olive branch to Donald Trump's administration on Wednesday, meeting with Vice President-elect Mike Pence and offering his full support as the Indiana governor prepares to move to Washington.

The duo, along with Biden's wife, Jill, and Pence's wife, Karen, met for around two hours at the vice president's residence, having lunch and taking a tour of the home.

After the meeting, Biden jokingly said he would be available to Pence as "senior staff" as he makes his move from Indiana to DC.

Read more:  http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/16/politics/joe-biden-mike-pence/index.html

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Biden offers Pence an olive branch
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 10:29:32 pm »
The Bidens' were gracious here.  This is what should have happened after the Trumps' visit to the White House and those other two.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 10:42:48 pm »
Did Mike get a ride in the Firebird?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 11:10:47 pm »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 11:22:02 pm »
Vette actually

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP-hyDSlmUs
Joe apparently isn't worried about his carbon footprint. If you want a fast car get a Prius it was good enough for Al Gore's kid.  :whistle:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 11:23:58 pm »
Joe apparently isn't worried about his carbon footprint. If you want a fast car get a Prius it was good enough for Al Gore's kid.  :whistle:

It's OK. He's a Dem. It's environmentally correct when they do it.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 11:39:59 pm »
It's OK. He's a Dem. It's environmentally correct when they do it.
Funny how that works.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 11:51:43 pm »
Funny how that works.

Storytime,

Back in my Off-Road.com days, i got to go heads up at a BLM/landuse forum with Daniel Patterson of the Center for Biological Diversity. As usual the CBD was trying to close down a significant area of public land to any recreation but their granola approved variety.

I asked Patterson, in front of a standing room only crowd why it was that the lifted, wench equipped, 33 in' mud tired Toyota 4x4 he arrived at the fourm at was not destructive to the environment and my simmilarly attired F150 was. I then asked him before the crowd where he had learned to operate his 4x4 in a manner that was acceptable where ours was not so that we could all go there, learn and thus leave him without such an obvious conflict of interest.

Needles to say I was wildly cheered, he was madder than a coup of wet hens and he spent the remainder of the forum backpeadling.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 12:02:49 am »
Storytime,

Back in my Off-Road.com days, i got to go heads up at a BLM/landuse forum with Daniel Patterson of the Center for Biological Diversity. As usual the CBD was trying to close down a significant area of public land to any recreation but their granola approved variety.

I asked Patterson, in front of a standing room only crowd why it was that the lifted, wench equipped, 33 in' mud tired Toyota 4x4 he arrived at the fourm at was not destructive to the environment and my simmilarly attired F150 was. I then asked him before the crowd where he had learned to operate his 4x4 in a manner that was acceptable where ours was not so that we could all go there, learn and thus leave him without such an obvious conflict of interest.

Needles to say I was wildly cheered, he was madder than a coup of wet hens and he spent the remainder of the forum backpeadling.
Classic, thanks for sharing. Wish I'd been there.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2016, 12:09:01 am »
Classic, thanks for sharing. Wish I'd been there.

He didn't like having it pointed out that the two little 'high school girls' that he arrived with sporting pony tails and rock band shirts, all sorts of worried about their eco future, were in the hall talking to some dudes about what college they went to either. Even his BLM buddies face palmed that one.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 12:09:38 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2016, 01:02:23 am »
He didn't like having it pointed out that the two little 'high school girls' that he arrived with sporting pony tails and rock band shirts, all sorts of worried about their eco future, were in the hall talking to some dudes about what college they went to either. Even his BLM buddies face palmed that one.

I guess it truly was "wench equipped"!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2016, 01:08:08 am »
I guess it truly was "wench equipped"!

Indeed ;)

It was funny as hell to watch. They each got up there and in perfect ditzy teenager mode piled on the innocence and fear before the audience, then shifted on a dime when they thought no one was paying attention, the facade dropped and they underwent a ...miraculous transformation once their job was done.