Author Topic: Cummings demands info on Jared Kushner’s role in Trump transition  (Read 801 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Cummings demands info on Jared Kushner’s role in Trump transition

By Darren Samuelsohn

11/16/16 03:31 PM EST

A senior House Democrat demanded Donald Trump’s transition team explain what role Jared Kushner — the president-elect’s son-in-law — has been playing in their effort, including whether a request had been made for him join top secret classified briefings.

In a letter to Vice President-elect Mike Pence, Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) specifically questioned whether Kushner will be participating in the daily defense, intelligence and national security updates. Cummings also noted that Trump’s son-in-law is legally barred from joining the new administration in an official capacity because of anti-nepotism laws.

Kushner wasn’t with Trump in his first national security briefing on Tuesday, but the Maryland Democrat insisted that the president-elect’s reported interests in such a move “demonstrate a breathtaking lapse in judgment and astonishingly cavalier attitude towards our nation’s most sensitive secrets.”

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/jared-kushner-trump-security-clearance-elijah-cummings-231505
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Cummings demands info on Jared Kushner’s role in Trump transition
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 10:20:12 pm »
Kushner wasn’t with Trump in his first national security briefing on Tuesday, but the Maryland Democrat insisted that the president-elect’s reported interests in such a move “demonstrate a breathtaking lapse in judgment and astonishingly cavalier attitude towards our nation’s most sensitive secrets.”

Legally, this Kushner dude can't be involved in the administration........but I cannot find where Donny has done anything on the record yet. No official appointments. No nothing. This loud mouthed idiot Cummings need to sit down and shut up. In about 60 days all these administration players will be revealed and then he can crank on.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 10:51:22 pm »
Legally, this Kushner dude can't be involved in the administration........but I cannot find where Donny has done anything on the record yet. No official appointments. No nothing. This loud mouthed idiot Cummings need to sit down and shut up. In about 60 days all these administration players will be revealed and then he can crank on.

Just once I want to see a Republican stand up on TV and say something like "Democrats arent in any position to 'demand' anything We are a republic. You don't 'demand' anything here. Maybe thats why they lost all three branches of government. They forgot what country they were in."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 10:51:50 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 11:02:35 pm »
Just once I want to see a Republican stand up on TV and say something like "Democrats arent in any position to 'demand' anything We are a republic. You don't 'demand' anything here. Maybe thats why they lost all three branches of government. They forgot what country they were in."

Well if there is a guy that's going to do it, Donny would be the best bet.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 11:08:06 pm »
Well if there is a guy that's going to do it, Donny would be the best bet.

It would earn him a few points toward believing what he says.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 11:12:45 pm »

We are a republic, as you said.  That's why it's right to demand that the rule of law be upheld.

We all known that Donnie has little regard for the law. No matter how despicable Cummings is, he's right for keeping Trump honest. 
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 11:21:45 pm »
We are a republic, as you said.  That's why it's right to demand that the rule of law be upheld.

We all known that Donnie has little regard for the law. No matter how despicable Cummings is, he's right for keeping Trump honest.

But he is demanding no such thing. He's showboating. If he wanted to make demands about honesty and maintaining the Republic, where were his demands of Obama? Since he made no such demands of Barry, nor of himself during hearings, I don't believe for a second he cares about honesty OR the Republic. Just political advantage.

He's like the pious guy in the pews Sunday morning singing the praises and shouting fire and brimstone at sinners after he spent the night in the bar with his neighbor's wife. The messenger matters.