Author Topic: Little-noticed law gives Trump unexpected power to undo the mischief of bureaucrats  (Read 380 times)

rangerrebew

November 16, 2016
Little-noticed law gives Trump unexpected power to undo the mischief of bureaucrats
By Thomas Lifson

Nobody was counting on this.

Barack Obama infamously said that he would govern by a “pen and a phone.”  He has circumvented Congress and the laws for years. The Democrats (and much of the media, but I repeat myself) have not only given him a pass, but cheered him on. Now it appears a seldom-noticed law might be a powerful tool that Trump can use to eviscerate much of the Obama legacy.

Stacy Cowley of the New York Times reports :

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/11/littlenoticed_law_gives_trump_unexpected_power_to_undo_the_mischief_of_bureaucrats_.html#ixzz4QBUrOOEc
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The obscure law — called the Congressional Review Act — was passed 20 years ago at the behest of Newt Gingrich, then the House speaker and now a member of Mr. Trump’s transition team. It gives Congress 60 legislative days to review and override major regulations enacted by federal agencies. In the Senate, the vote would not be subject to filibuster.

I've been an advocate of a law like this for years, and lo and behold it already exists!
The Republic is lost.