Author Topic: Kellyanne Conway says Trump to expand GOP  (Read 1576 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kellyanne Conway says Trump to expand GOP
« on: November 16, 2016, 01:49:01 pm »

Kellyanne Conway says Trump to expand GOP
By Paul Bedard (@SecretsBedard) • 11/15/16 5:00 PM

Kellyanne Conway, the manager of President-elect Donald Trump's campaign, visited both of the Washington transition headquarters Tuesday afternoon with a direct message that the new administration "will deliver change for the people."

Speaking at the provisional transition headquarters on Pennsylvania Avenue and also the HQ set up by the General Services Administration, Conway first thanked transition aides and Trump organizers in Washington.

"It was almost like a pep talk," said one insider of her address at the provisional HQ. "She thanked all of us for all our work."

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/kellyanne-conway-says-trump-to-expand-gop/article/2607472
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Kellyanne Conway says Trump to expand GOP
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 02:06:35 pm »
Isn't this like the sales manager at the local Chevy dealer telling the staff that they are going to put a Caprice in every garage? I don't see this as anymore than talk.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 02:10:17 pm »
Isn't this like the sales manager at the local Chevy dealer telling the staff that they are going to put a Caprice in every garage? I don't see this as anymore than talk.

At present yes!  But all they would have to do to make it VERY real is to pass one single piece of currently pending legislation into law and the republican party would rule for 100 years!  I speak of HR25/S122, The fairtax bill!  http://fairtax.org
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 02:20:47 pm »
I think there is a good chance the GOP is going to try to build up the Midwest into a Red State area. I think they have to for the future of the party.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 02:41:56 pm »
Expand the GOP?  Trump got less votes than McCain got four years ago.  And after the appointment of Mr. GOPe himself - Reince Priebus - as chief of staff, he has pretty much permanently turned off Conservatives. 

These people are delusional.  Trump has gone full RINO.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 02:43:06 pm »
Isn't this like the sales manager at the local Chevy dealer telling the staff that they are going to put a Caprice in every garage?

Or a 1936 Volkswagen.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 03:06:15 pm »
Expand the GOP?  Trump got less votes than McCain got four years ago. 

I think you miss the point.  Expanding the GOP into traditionally blue states and winning traditionally moderate democrats, independents and first time voters is a real and new possibility for the party.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 04:32:51 pm »
In other words

Liberals in..Conservatives out

Online Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 01:19:10 am »
I think you miss the point.  Expanding the GOP into traditionally blue states and winning traditionally moderate democrats, independents and first time voters is a real and new possibility for the party.

Reagan did that by going Conservative and winning those states in a landslide.  Trump goes Democrat-lite and fails to pick up a majority of the vote in Florida, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Arizona.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 01:32:33 am »

We already had those people. Romney won them handily except for first time voters. You think Donny has a shot with those first time voters while they riot against him on their campuses?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2016, 01:45:55 am »
"the new administration "will deliver change for the people."

Words as equally frightening as 'We're from the government, and we're here to help".

These people are delusional.  Trump has gone full RINO.

What are you talking about?  'GONE full RINO'?

He was always a lifelong NYC Liberal Democrat.  All he did is help the Establishment GOP consolidate their power into permanence.

The GOP is happy and glad to get rid of Conservatives and render us wholly irrelevant.  Trump was just the instrument to achieve it.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline TomSea

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2016, 02:39:54 am »
REPORT: Democrats Plan To Take Texas By 2024
Posted on November 15, 2016 by DCWhispers   

In eight more years, Democrat operatives are confident that should current trends hold, they will be adding Texas to the win column come Election Day, and Republicans will face a near-impossible task of winning any national election in the years to follow.
Read more at http://dcwhispers.com/report-democrats-plan-to-take-texas-by-2024/#w75T2zYiFMv4G9k5.99

These kinds of stories are always out there every 4 years or more often.

But one can see demographic shifts have occurred in Colorado and California.

It's good to have a plan and as of now, thanks to advances by the Republican party in states like Wisconsin and Michigan and Ohio, it might be good to make other states red. Wisc. and Ohio are probably very close to being so.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2016, 02:42:00 am »
Expand the GOP?  Trump got less votes than McCain got four years ago. 

And McCain won  ? Michigan? Ohio? Wisconsin? Iowa? I don't want to go through the whole map and that election may have had fraud in it but I don't think he won a wide array of states.

Republicans should at least, be competitive in these states if not winning them.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2016, 03:15:35 am »
Expand the GOP?  It would be great that he did -  it would be evidence of a successful Presidency.    I didn't vote for him, and the reasons I couldn't haven't been resolved,  but I want him to succeed. 

I think he may partner with Paul Ryan on the domestic side and be a maverick on foreign policy.   That formula has a chance to succeed,  although there's absolutely no need for Trump to be reckless.  Except that he likes to be reckless.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline rodamala

Offline rodamala

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2016, 03:25:21 am »
Words as equally frightening as 'We're from the government, and we're here to help".

What are you talking about?  'GONE full RINO'?

He was always a lifelong NYC Liberal Democrat.  All he did is help the Establishment GOP consolidate their power into permanence.

The GOP is happy and glad to get rid of Conservatives and render us wholly irrelevant.  Trump was just the instrument to achieve it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMRo5XCKddQ