Author Topic: The Obsession with Race Is Eroding Our Ability to Reason...By Jonah Goldberg  (Read 767 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 The Obsession with Race Is Eroding Our Ability to Reason
Liberals should think twice before blaming the 2016 election on racism.
By Jonah Goldberg — November 16, 2016

Some recent headlines:

“The Electoral College Is an Instrument of White Supremacy — and Sexism,” exclaimed Slate magazine.

CNN: “Math Is Racist: How Data Is Driving Inequality.”

From the NBC affiliate in Oklahoma: “‘To Be White Is to Be Racist,’ Norman Student Offended by Teacher’s Lecture.”

Wow, things are bad here in America. Maybe I should move to Canada? Uh oh, from Heat Street: “Canoes Reek of Genocide, Theft, and White Privilege, Says Canadian Professor.”

Is there no place safe from white supremacy? Let me check the Huffington Post. “North Korea Proves Your White Male Privilege Is Not Universal.”

In other words, going by the headlines, you’d think everything is about race. Or, as the Harvard Crimson put it, “Everything Is About Race.”

You might say this is a cheap technique. Headlines are supposed to be provocative, particularly in the age of click-baiting that passes for much of what we call journalism. Let us look to the academy, where cool reason rules.

more
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/442210/print
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
The Obsession with Race Is Eroding Our Ability to Reason
Liberals should think twice before blaming the 2016 election on racism.
By Jonah Goldberg — November 16, 2016

Some recent headlines:

“The Electoral College Is an Instrument of White Supremacy — and Sexism,” exclaimed Slate magazine.

CNN: “Math Is Racist: How Data Is Driving Inequality.”

From the NBC affiliate in Oklahoma: “‘To Be White Is to Be Racist,’ Norman Student Offended by Teacher’s Lecture.”

Wow, things are bad here in America. Maybe I should move to Canada? Uh oh, from Heat Street: “Canoes Reek of Genocide, Theft, and White Privilege, Says Canadian Professor.”

Is there no place safe from white supremacy? Let me check the Huffington Post. “North Korea Proves Your White Male Privilege Is Not Universal.”

In other words, going by the headlines, you’d think everything is about race. Or, as the Harvard Crimson put it, “Everything Is About Race.”

You might say this is a cheap technique. Headlines are supposed to be provocative, particularly in the age of click-baiting that passes for much of what we call journalism. Let us look to the academy, where cool reason rules.

more
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/442210/print

Jonah's right except for the title of his piece.  The obsession with race isn't eroding our ability to reason, it's eroding the left's ability to reason (however little ability they may have originally had).
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Jonah's right except for the title of his piece.  The obsession with race isn't eroding our ability to reason, it's eroding the left's ability to reason (however little ability they may have originally had).

Nah - I agree with him. Know my reason and temper gets a little suspect after the 5000th time I get called a racist.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline skeeter

Jonah also delicately tippy toes around the common theme of almost every public discussion on race. Can't ignore it and expect to understand the purpose of the left's collective obsession.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Nah - I agree with him. Know my reason and temper gets a little suspect after the 5000th time I get called a racist.

I just laugh at them and say, "Is that all you've got?  No one cares about your 'racism' shrieks anymore; we all know it's just your childish way of saying, "I disagree with you!'"
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Being called a racist these days is almost a badge of honor.  Because I know when I get called that...the person saying it isn't intellectually smart enough to argue his/her point on merit or facts.

The label of racist has lost the sting it used to inflict because the Libs...when left to their own devices...will find racism in anything and everything we do in our daily lives.

Perfect example...I'm listening to Sirius/XM 80's on 8.  Journey's "I'll be alright without you" is playing...an all white band and the morning DJ...Mark Goodman is white and a Jew to boot!

See...I'm automatically a racist because I'm listening to a racist band's song being played by a racist white DJ.

:shrug:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!