Author Topic: Donald Trump transition team in disarray after key adviser 'purged'  (Read 3236 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Donald Trump’s transition to the White House appeared to be in disarray on Tuesday after the abrupt departure of a top national security adviser and amid continuing questions over the role of his three children and son-in-law.

Former Republican congressman Mike Rogers stepped down from the president-elect’s transition team without explanation, but one report attributed it to a “Stalinesque purge”.

A week after his election, Trump and Vice-President-elect Mike Pence were huddled at Trump Tower in New York to work on key appointments as the US Senate was due to resume business in a still shellshocked Washington.

Rogers chaired the House intelligence committee and is a former army officer and FBI special agent. He said he was proud of the work his team had done to produce policy and personnel guidance “on the complex national security challenges facing our great country”.

The departure offered the latest clue that the transition is going to be every bit as bumpy as feared. Last week the president-elect ditched the head of the team, New Jersey governor Chris Christie, who is mired in political scandal, and replaced him with Pence.

NBC News quoted a source as saying Rogers was the victim of a “Stalinesque purge” of people close to Christie. “Two sources close to the situation described an atmosphere of sniping and backbiting as Trump loyalists position themselves for key jobs,” the network reported.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/15/donald-trump-transition-team-disarray-adviser-purge
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Donald Trump transition team in disarray after key adviser 'purged'
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 12:54:11 am »

NBC News quoted a source as saying

Translation: We just pulled this out of our butt.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 01:09:19 am »

I'm gonna mark this for the next time you sing the praises of Orange Wonderful using unnamed sources from a website or news source you bash when the news isn't favorable.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 01:09:21 am »
Wish I had a dollar for every time the press claimed Trump's organization was in disarray.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 01:10:14 am »

It is a lie that Mike Rogers is out as Trump's advisor on National Security issues?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 01:13:50 am »
Mike Rogers leaves Trump transition team

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/15/politics/mikes-rogers-leaves-trump-transition-team/

Donald Trump’s Transition Team Reshaped
Vice President-elect Mike Pence drops lobbyists; former Intelligence panel head Mike Rogers ousted

http://www.wsj.com/articles/intelligence-expert-mike-rogers-leaves-trump-transition-team-amid-shake-up-1479221847

Trump Transition Team Hits Yet Another Speedbump as Nat’l Security Advisor Mike Rogers Bows Out

http://ijr.com/2016/11/736398-trump-transition-team-hits-yet-another-speedbump-as-natl-security-advisor-mike-rogers-bows-out/

So I guess all of these news agencies just "pulled it (the story) out of their butt" too huh?

:blank:

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 01:16:42 am »

I'm gonna mark this for the next time you sing the praises of Orange Wonderful using unnamed sources from a website or news source you bash when the news isn't favorable.
Well, I could respond but I'm not going to pick on you tonight because I can tell that you having a very bad day.

I hope whatever problem you are going through gets better for you. I mean that.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 01:21:52 am »
Well, I could respond but I'm not going to pick on you tonight because I can tell that you having a very bad day.

I hope whatever problem you are going through gets better for you. I mean that.

That's about the kind of response I expected.

Usually happens when someone gets caught knee deep in a steaming pile of their own BS.

Online corbe

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 01:28:40 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 01:42:34 am »

That's about the kind of response I expected.

Usually happens when someone gets caught knee deep in a steaming pile of their own BS.

Again, I hope you get better. You really are boring me now so, see you around.

Offline bilo

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 01:46:41 am »
So what if putting together his staff and Cabinet heads is messy. It's what they do that matters.

It's hard to trust any of the reporting. They are so biased.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online corbe

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 01:48:15 am »
   Dick Cheney did a pretty good job of GW Bush's Transition Team considering the time constraint they were under.  He even got himself appointed Vice President, just like Pence, so there is past history.  This might create more Loyalty, as GW lost very few Cabinet Appointments, once confirmed.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 01:54:32 am »
Rogers came to the transition team as a member of Christie's team when Christie was heading up the transition.

That the services of Rogers are no longer required now that Christie's been demoted is not surprising or shocking.  Nor should it be the news that throws anyone into the depths of anger or cause others to rise up pointing fingers with a great "Aha, SEE!!".

This is part of the natural course of management changes.  Nothing more, nothing less.  :shrug:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2016, 01:57:08 am »
Rogers came to the transition team as a member of Christie's team when Christie was heading up the transition.

That the services of Rogers are no longer required now that Christie's been demoted is not surprising or shocking.  Nor should it be the news that throws anyone into the depths of anger or cause others to rise up pointing fingers with a great "Aha, SEE!!".

This is part of the natural course of management changes.  Nothing more, nothing less.  :shrug:

You better find a source for that or some here will think you pulled it out of your butt!

:silly:

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2016, 01:58:05 am »
You better find a source for that or some here will think you pulled it out of your butt!

:silly:

Google it.  And stop worrying about my butt.

Try this for starters:

WASHINGTON—Former House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Rogers (R., Mich.) will play a senior role on Donald Trump’s presidential transition team, advising on national-security matters, several people familiar with the process said.

Mr. Rogers’s involvement in the transition team was described as preliminary and not finalized. He is close friends with New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who is leading Mr. Trump’s transition team, and he could lead the national-security group within the transition team or play another top role, these people said.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/former-house-intel-chief-mike-rogers-to-play-big-role-on-donald-trumps-transition-team-1470770808

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 02:00:27 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2016, 02:00:18 am »
Google it.  And stop worrying about my butt.

Ummm...I was trying to make a light hearted joke.  Nothing in that was aimed at you.

But thanks for confirming that your sense of humor has been surgically removed.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2016, 02:00:57 am »

You sound like a person with actual experience inside and near management. It is messy. Trump won using his 3rd campaign manager, in less than  year.

Reading something negative about Trump into every soundbite morsel, gets old after awhile.

I guess it is the best entertainment, available to forevernevertrumpians.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2016, 02:01:16 am »
So what if putting together his staff and Cabinet heads is messy. It's what they do that matters.

It's hard to trust any of the reporting. They are so biased.

I dunno what to believe.

I have to have faith in trump because he (or Pence) hired Kellyanne Conway and she took on the Clinton machine and won.

I still don't feel like I know the real Trump?  :shrug:

The parts of the 60 minutes interview of Trump that I saw were good.

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2016, 02:03:22 am »
Ummm...I was trying to make a light hearted joke.  Nothing in that was aimed at you.

But thanks for confirming that your sense of humor has been surgically removed.

I included a link to one article ... you can find the rest through a google search.

My sense of humor is just fine, thank you.  You needn't worry about that, either.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2016, 02:10:03 am »
I included a link to one article ... you can find the rest through a google search.

Pardon me while I present you with a DUH moment.

The link you provided I posted about 30 minutes BEFORE you edited your post to include it.

I was accused of providing a link in which the source was accused of pulling the story "out of their butt".

So I provided 3 more...including the one you did.

So thanks for confirming what I'd previously stated about Mike Rogers.

My sense of humor is just fine, thank you.  You needn't worry about that, either.

You're so in a hurry to lash out at anyone who doesn't engage in your Trump worship that you completely miss a chance to share a laugh.

Sad.  Your loss.

I won't make that mistake again.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2016, 02:22:34 am »
I think Trump is going to have trouble forming a credible natsec team.    The Trump entourage is littered both with cats urging realpolick with Russia and anti-globalists like Bannon.  Meanwhile scores of GOP/conservative natsec pros refused to support Trump, and we all know how obsessed with vendettas some of the Trump nihilists are.   

Maybe Trump can get it together;  a businessman ought to be good at both organizing and delegating.  But Trump and Bannon are way out there in the blue, and as optimistic as I am about the domestic policy front,  it's the formation of Trump's foreign policy team that poses potential danger.   

This has ALWAYS been the key concern of many NeverTrumpers -  what sorts of types will want to serve the foreign policy of an impulsive strongman?     
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 02:28:43 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2016, 02:26:01 am »
Am I correct that you agree the words "disarray" and "purged" from the title of the thread are  :bs:?  If so, this is very good news. @txradioguy   

If you can refrain from referring to Trump support as Trump worship and the President-elect as Orange Wonderful....this could be the start of a beautiful friendship.   ^-^

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 02:26:49 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2016, 02:30:18 am »
Am I correct that you agree the words "disarray" and "purged" from the title of the thread are  :bs:?  If so, this is very good news. @txradioguy   

If you can refrain from referring to Trump support as Trump worship and the President-elect as Orange Wonderful....this could be the start of a beautiful friendship.   ^-^

That will happen as soon as you and your friends here stop referring to people who didn't vote for Trump as voting for or supporting Hillary. 

Ball is in your court

And no the headline isn't BS. Anymore than the headlines of the pro Trump articles posted here are incorrect because they don't precisely match up with the story.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 02:32:24 am by txradioguy »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2016, 02:41:10 am »

Gee, I don't remember there being so much focus on Obama or Bush's transition team.  It seems the media and the DEMS are still in melt down mode.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2016, 02:57:48 am »
And no the headline isn't BS.

Disappointing   **nononono*