Author Topic: DNC Chair Favorite Keith Ellison Supports Bill To ‘Study Reparation Proposals’  (Read 702 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DNC Chair Favorite Keith Ellison Supports Bill To ‘Study Reparation Proposals’

Posted By Justin Caruso On 11:13 AM 11/15/2016

Rep. Keith Ellison of Minnesota is making headlines after announcing his bid for chairman of the Democratic National Committee (DNC).

Ellison already has strong support from Sens. Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren and Harry Reid. Some have said Ellison’s own identity as an African-American and a Muslim would be a strong statement for the Democratic Party under the upcoming Donald Trump administration.

He previously advocated for, and is reportedly a “passionate supporter” of H.R. 40: Commission to Study Reparation Proposals for African-Americans Act, co-sponsored by Michigan Rep. John Coyners Jr.

The bill describes its intent:

“To acknowledge the fundamental injustice, cruelty, brutality, and inhumanity of slavery in the United States and the 13 American colonies between 1619 and 1865 and to establish a commission to examine the institution of slavery, subsequently de jure and de facto racial and economic discrimination against African-Americans, and the impact of these forces on living African-Americans, to make recommendations to the Congress on appropriate remedies, and for other purposes.”

In an interview with NewsOne Ellison gave several years ago, he expanded on his support for the bill.

[dcquiz] “Yes, I think we need to study reparations. When there’s injury there should be redress, right?” Ellison said. “We have to go through the work to figure out what reparations is, that’s what I’m arguing for. I think it would be an important journey for our nation. Bottom line: We’re all Americans today, but you can’t heal a dirty wound, you have to clean it out first.”

He wavered on the idea of direct cash payments as reparations, “It’s a basic concept of justice, but some people automatically leap to the conclusion that the only legitimate form of redress is direct cash payments, and that might not necessarily be the case. I’m not saying that, that isn’t the right way, but it needs to be studied.”

Later in the interview, Ellison again expressed uncertainty on his support of cash payments for African-Americans. “Well, even that needs to be studied, because is that the best way? Is that the best way for redress to occur? We are talking about a multi-generational injury.”

http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/15/dnc-chair-favorite-keith-ellison-supports-bill-to-study-reparation-proposals/?print=1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

AWESOME!!!! Go Kieth Go!!!

You will have your election problems fixed in no time with these sorts of proposals. BTW, maybe you can propose free housing and a car for victims of Wounded Knee.

Offline Suppressed

You will have your election problems fixed in no time with these sorts of proposals. BTW, maybe you can propose free housing and a car for victims of Wounded Knee.

I'm a descendant of several Union soldiers. Do I get some loot for that?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

I'm a descendant of several Union soldiers. Do I get some loot for that?

If you are going to vote Rat, yes.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Keith Ellison thought George Wallace was a Republican, pretty low information.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Exactly. I hope they make him head of the DNC. He will be the tombstone on what is left of the Democrat party.

FYI, just saw a video floating around facebook of him claiming that Jews were behind 9/11 in order to give Bush a reason persecute Muslims.

He's perfect for the job. He is a wacko as they come. He should fit right in.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.