Author Topic: Sen. Ted Cruz Spotted In Trump Tower  (Read 7378 times)

Offline Applewood

Re: Sen. Ted Cruz Spotted In Trump Tower
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2016, 02:29:27 pm »
I'm suspicious about the possibility that Ted Cruz may be the SCOTUS or AG nominee.  Could it be someone or  more than someone want to get Ted Cruz out of the Senate?  He's been a thorn in the sides of his colleagues and he could obstruct any effort by Trump to pass wholly unconstitutional legislation -- such as the enhanced libel legislation Trump wants to restrict freedom of the press. 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2016, 02:31:23 pm »
I'm suspicious about the possibility that Ted Cruz may be the SCOTUS or AG nominee.  Could it be someone or  more than someone want to get Ted Cruz out of the Senate?  He's been a thorn in the sides of his colleagues and he could obstruct any effort by Trump to pass wholly unconstitutional legislation -- such as the enhanced libel legislation Trump wants to restrict freedom of the press.

If you want a nice little scenario - Trump makes Cruz AG. Then fires him too late for Cruz to make an effective run in 2018. It's petty enough.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2016, 02:32:53 pm »
 :0001:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2016, 02:34:50 pm »
FROM TWITTER:

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/798713868428120068

SCOOP: Trump is discussing TED CRUZ for AG

I like AG better. The position requires someone who can be a pistol. Ted can be a pistol.

He can move to the SCOTUS later.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2016, 02:43:00 pm »
With that and consequences of this election, I have however come to the conclusion that as ideologically perfect Cruz is, he lacks the social skills, and Political timing /savvy needed to reach the zenith of POTUS.

Right there with you on that.  He's great at preaching to the converted, poor at converting.  To be honest, I hadn't actually watched much of him before the campaign -- more just read about what he was doing.  So at the very outset of the primaries, I was undecided but leaning his way based on his positions.  Then I watched the debates, and realized that there were just too many people who would be put-off by his style/mannerisms/appearance, etc..  Sad, but true.  Doesn't do much good if he's the ideal candidate on the issues, but can't win.

Supreme Court for 30+ years would be absolutely fantastic.  The age factor is just huge when it comes to lifetime appointments.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 02:43:16 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2016, 02:44:10 pm »

Do enough other Senators actually listen to Cruz to make him effective as an obstructionist?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2016, 02:46:24 pm »
Do enough other Senators actually listen to Cruz to make him effective as an obstructionist?

Placing second in the primaries out of 16 candidates would give him a certain amount of gravitas in the senate.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2016, 02:48:18 pm »

Maybe not, but he can be a real PITA.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2016, 02:51:07 pm »
If you want a nice little scenario - Trump makes Cruz AG. Then fires him too late for Cruz to make an effective run in 2018. It's petty enough.

Trump is petty enough.  If Cruz does consider any of these offers , I hope he knows he will constantly have to watch his back.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2016, 02:53:24 pm »
Placing second in the primaries out of 16 candidates would give him a certain amount of gravitas in the senate.

Not sure gravitas will matter much if you're still perceived as a Richard Head.  And it wasn't exactly like they all enthusiastically rallied around him even when he was running a strong second in the primary.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2016, 02:54:32 pm »
Maybe not, but he can be a real PITA.

Okay, he'll be a PITA that doesn't accomplish much.  On SCOTUS for 30+ years?  He'd be a massive PITA to the left, and would be able to have a profound impact on the future of this country.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2016, 02:57:18 pm »
Everyone or almost everyone for Cruz ended up supporting Trump; they make a good team. I'd feel confident, Cruz will be selected for SCOTUS. They even campaigned together.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 02:59:40 pm by TomSea »

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2016, 03:04:19 pm »
Mr. Hoodie Hair will end up trampling on everyone with more intelligence than he himself has.
And that includes Senator Cruz.
Would much prefer Cruz on the USSC where he will protect the constitution from the insults to it by the likes of DT

Offline skeeter

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2016, 03:05:36 pm »
Not sure gravitas will matter much if you're still perceived as a Richard Head.  And it wasn't exactly like they all enthusiastically rallied around him even when he was running a strong second in the primary.

Whether they like him or not wouldn't matter as much as the fact he obviously speaks for a large segment of their supposed constituency.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2016, 03:06:22 pm »
You need to flush logic and reasoning out the window. The new Donny paradigm is nonsense and insanity.

No little Frankie, nonsense and insanity is your particular little corner table.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2016, 03:06:32 pm »
Mr. Hoodie Hair will end up trampling on everyone with more intelligence than he himself has.
Would much prefer Cruz on the USSC where he will protect the constitution from the insults to it by the likes of DT

Insults? How politically correct, at least he won't be lying.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2016, 03:08:01 pm »

You add nothing to the conversation with this sort of sour grapes infantile posting. <snip>

Do you need a refresher not to call people Hillary supporters? - Mod 2
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 03:10:41 pm by Mod2 »

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2016, 03:12:54 pm »
Trump is petty enough.  If Cruz does consider any of these offers , I hope he knows he will constantly have to watch his back.

Cruz is DOA in national politics after this behavior this year. He has NO national political future in 2020 or beyond now. GOP Voters have no patience with his sort of self absorbed political grandstanding. He lost the nomination and toyed with being a poltical traitor in response to losing. GOP Voters have a long memory of who was with them and who played the fool. He played the fool and ended his chances to ever be President.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2016, 03:21:06 pm »
You add nothing to the conversation with this sort of sour grapes infantile posting. <snip>

Do you need a refresher not to call people Hillary supporters? - Mod 2

Nope. I see you need a refresher in why people are leaving this website. Your selective moderating here is pretty transparent. Infantile rants and bile laced tirades direct at Trump are just fine. Pointing out the idiocy of those posts gets you "Moderators" crying in hysterics.

Apparently you #Never Trumpers need a safe space where no contrary views to your cry bully doctrines are allowed.

Very well, enjoy your nice safe politically irrelevant safe space where you all can preach to the choir with no contrary views allowed.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2016, 03:22:27 pm »
No little Frankie, nonsense and insanity is your particular little corner table.

Really? Did something change overnight where Donny isn't the most disliked President elect ever? So hated that they are forced to take his name off of his buildings because people are moving out with it on?

Your boy limped into the barn in a low turn out election with thin margins against one of the most hated Rat nominees since McGovern. I sure as shit wouldn't be holding a ticker tape parade.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2016, 03:23:17 pm »
Quote from: Applewood
Trump is petty enough.

Cruz is DOA in national politics after this behavior this year. He has NO national political future in 2020 or beyond now  .  .

Well, his supporters certainly are that petty.

Cruz honored his pledge even after Trump said he would break his.

Why not just admit it, Mechanicos.  You hate Conservatives.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2016, 03:27:23 pm »

I think that little convention stunt reversed whatever gravitas he may have gained. 

Offline Mod2

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2016, 03:27:46 pm »
Nope. I see you need a refresher in why people are leaving this website. Your selective moderating here is pretty transparent. Infantile rants and bile laced tirades direct at Trump are just fine. Pointing out the idiocy of those posts gets you "Moderators" crying in hysterics.

Apparently you #Never Trumpers need a safe space where no contrary views to your cry bully doctrines are allowed.

Very well, enjoy your nice safe politically irrelevant safe space where you all can preach to the choir with no contrary views allowed.

The rules clearly state do not insult fellow members. People have been asked, multiple times, to cease referring to members as Hillary supporters.

When Donald Trump becomes a member here, let me know.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2016, 03:29:05 pm »
Why not just admit it, Mechanicos.  You hate Conservatives.

I know your post wasn't directed to me, but it raises an important question.  Are you @Hoodat the face of conservatism?

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2016, 03:29:58 pm »
I think that little convention stunt reversed whatever gravitas he may have gained.

What stunt? Exhorting people to vote for candidates who would protect our constitutional rights?

Shouldn't that be an occasion for affirmation on the part of the Republican party instead of booing?

This tells me a lot about what's happening to the party of Lincoln today.