Author Topic: Sen. Ted Cruz Spotted In Trump Tower  (Read 7379 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sen. Ted Cruz Spotted In Trump Tower
« on: November 15, 2016, 11:27:05 pm »
Sen. Ted Cruz Spotted In Trump Tower

Posted By Betsy Rothstein On 5:14 PM 11/15/2016 In | No Comments

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) — a.k.a. “Lyin’ Ted” — was spotted visiting Trump Tower on Tuesday.

According to a Trump transition team pool report, “Cruz managed to sneak into the tower without any of us seeing him (which is easy to do and often done), but I will update everyone if we learn more.”

A Cruz spokeswoman released a statement about the visit.

She said Cruz, who ultimately backed Trump, was there visiting with President-elect Donald Trump to help him achieve his goal: to “drain the swamp.”

In other words, could this mean a possible cabinet post for Lyin’ Ted?

http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/15/sen-ted-cruz-spotted-in-trump-tower/?print=1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline SirLinksALot

Re: Sen. Ted Cruz Spotted In Trump Tower
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 11:35:42 pm »
Talking about the Vacant Supreme Court Position?

One can dream can't he?

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 02:22:15 am »
I think that Ted would make an excellent Supreme Court Justice..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 03:02:46 am »
FROM TWITTER:

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/798713868428120068

SCOOP: Trump is discussing TED CRUZ for AG

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 03:04:05 am »
FROM TWITTER:

OMG I hope that is true....please!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 03:09:41 am »
FROM TWITTER:

I hope so ... Cruz would be excellent as Attorney General; he definitely has the experience needed.  I can't think of anyone better qualified to drain the swamp than Ted!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 03:14:46 am »
Cruz visiting Trump Tower is being reported also by CNN.  Cruz reiterated that he plans on running for re-election in 2018 and is NOT interested in being a Supreme Court justice.  My hunch however, is if he is offered the Attorney General or Solicitor General of the United States he will take it.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/15/politics/ted-cruz-donald-trump-meeting/

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 03:28:36 am »
Well since Donny is putting Rudy as Sec of State, he will probably make an equally bizzare move and put Ted as HHS Sec.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 03:38:29 am »
Well since Donny is putting Rudy as Sec of State, he will probably make an equally bizzare move and put Ted as HHS Sec.

Has it been confirmed that Rudy will be Sec'y State?? Carson didn't want the position and Cruz would be wise to bow out.  Who wants to be responsible for fixing the Obamacare debacle?

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 03:44:28 am »

From Bloomberg News:

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-11-16/ted-cruz-said-to-be-considered-by-trump-for-attorney-general

Ted Cruz Considered by Trump for Attorney General

EXCERPT:

President-elect Donald Trump is considering nominating Texas Senator Ted Cruz to serve as U.S. attorney general, according to a person familiar with the matter.
Cruz, 45, was at Trump Tower in New York on Tuesday. When approached by reporters on his way out, Cruz said the election was a mandate for change but didn’t say he was under consideration for a job.

Cruz unsuccessfully sought the Republican presidential nomination. He and Trump were at odds during the primary, viciously attacking one another. Trump nicknamed Cruz “Lyin’ Ted.” Cruz didn’t endorse Trump during a speech at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland. In September, relations between the two men seemed to improve when Cruz said he would vote for Trump.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 03:46:58 am »
MORE HERE FROM HOUSTON CHRONICLE:

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/article/Reports-speculate-Cruz-may-be-considered-for-10617083.php

Reports speculate Cruz is being considered for Trump's attorney general

EXCERPT:

Reports circulated on Tuesday saying President-elect Trump may be considering former nemesis Ted Cruz for attorney general.

Bloomberg News cited an unnamed source in its short report about the Texas senator, and Jennifer Jacobs, a Bloomberg political reporter, tweeted the "scoop" on Tuesday night.
The Associated Press reported that Cruz attended meetings at Trump Tower in New York, but he declined to provide details of what he discussed with Trump and his team.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 03:53:27 am »
Has it been confirmed that Rudy will be Sec'y State?? Carson didn't want the position and Cruz would be wise to bow out.  Who wants to be responsible for fixing the Obamacare debacle?

You need to flush logic and reasoning out the window. The new Donny paradigm is nonsense and insanity.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 03:54:15 am »

Me too.  Certainly cannot be Rudy.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2016, 04:27:53 am »

This would be the first Conservative thing that Donald Trump has ever done in his entire life.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2016, 04:54:30 am »
This would be the first Conservative thing that Donald Trump has ever done in his entire life.

One thing for sure.  If Trump picks Cruz Democrats will be shaking in their boots.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online DB

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2016, 05:17:31 am »
What would be the repercussions to Cruz' political career for attempting to prosecute the Clinton gang?

If he did not prosecute, could Trump point the finger at Cruz for letting them off the hook?

Far be it from me to know the inner workings of the Trump mind, but my hackles rose just a bit when I read "AG".  Hopefully I am being overly suspicious.

No one is going to prosecute Hillary. They are "good people".

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2016, 05:21:39 am »
Uh oh. Kim Kardashian was seen at Trump Tower.

Is a new Cabinet being created for fat assed whores?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2016, 05:40:39 am »
What would be the repercussions to Cruz' political career for attempting to prosecute the Clinton gang?

If he did not prosecute, could Trump point the finger at Cruz for letting them off the hook?

Far be it from me to know the inner workings of the Trump mind, but my hackles rose just a bit when I read "AG".  Hopefully I am being overly suspicious.

There is no earthly way that anybody can be overly suspicious when it comes to Trump.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2016, 05:41:37 am »
Uh oh. Kim Kardashian was seen at Trump Tower.

Is a new Cabinet being created for fat assed whores?

Isn't Kim getting a little up there for the hole in the jeans look?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2016, 05:43:17 am »
Me too.  Certainly cannot be Rudy.

Ted Cruz would be a great attorney general but he would have to abandon his run for Senate... or would he?  Maybe he could take the post for two years.  I still think we need him in the Senate.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2016, 08:40:50 am »
One thing for sure.  If Trump picks Cruz Democrats will be shaking in their boots.

They already are with the ones he's announced so far
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online DB

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2016, 09:47:52 am »
They already are with the ones he's announced so far

If Trump were to pick Cruz both parties would be shaking in their boots... So that very likely means Cruz won't be picked.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2016, 10:43:11 am »
How is Ted Cruz as AG going to prosecute his own father for his involvement in the JFK assignation?   :pondering: :whistle:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2016, 11:53:38 am »
Talking about the Vacant Supreme Court Position?

One can dream can't he?

I usually keep my posts brief, but for once, I feel I need to elaborate a bit further...

I have been one of Cruz' biggest supporters, even back into his senatorial primary.  In fact, he spoke to a relatively small group of us during the primary, and I got to ask several questions and comments during that visit.  At the time, I found the perfect politician in ideological terms.  He hit each issue like a nail.  Absolutely, perfect.  He also was warm and genuine, and truly cares for this country, and conservative values.  I am also proud of his record as senator, as in many ways he has stood alone versus the criminal democrats, and the turn coat RINO slugs.  That principle has sadly painted him as a villain.  And undeservedly so.

With that, I thought that Cruz was the perfect POTUS candidate, and fought the orange horde as they did their best to demonize and destroy this honorable man and his family.  It help lead me to a disgust of Trump that lingers in me today.  With that and consequences of this election, I have however come to the conclusion that as ideologically perfect Cruz is, he lacks the social skills, and Political timing /savvy needed to reach the zenith of POTUS.

Now....  where to put to use the best conservative we have.  IMO here is the rank of where Cruz could do the best for the country.

1. Senator Majority Leader- Unfortunately his undue unpopularity would never allow
2. SCOTUS Justice- This is where Cruz needs to be the next 40 years.  Too many GOP appointed justices have veered left after appointment.  Only Cruz will steadfast provide the reliable conservative voice that Scalia provided.
3. DOJ Secretary- Set the agenda of the lower courts the next four years?  Yeah that would work.
4. Remain as senator, and be a conservative obstructionist.
5. AG -  Prosecutory aspects are not in his wheelhouse.

And btw, I still trust Trump about as far as I could throw him.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2016, 12:05:28 pm »
At least he weren't climbing up the outside of the tower this time ...  :whistle:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink