Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Blow up! Days before losing the election Hillary and Bill had a screaming match over who to blame for her flagging campaign - the ex-president so angry he threw his phone off the roof of his Arkansas penthouse  (Read 2911 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
EXCLUSIVE: Blow up! Days before losing the election Hillary and Bill had a screaming match over who to blame for her flagging campaign - the ex-president so angry he threw his phone off the roof of his Arkansas penthouse

Bill and Hillary had a vicious fight over the phone over who to blame for her sagging poll numbers, reveals a source close to the ex-president
    Hillary blamed FBI Director Comey for reopening investigation based on Anthony Weiner's shared computer with Huma Abedin for her slump
    Bill faulted  Robby Mook, John Podesta and Hillary HERSELF
    He claimed the three were  tone-deaf about the feeble economy and its impact on millions and millions of working-class voters
    'A big part of Bill's anger toward Hillary was that he was sidelined during the entire campaign by her advisers,' said the source

By Ed Klein For Dailymail.com

Published: 09:22 EST, 15 November 2016 | Updated: 11:00 EST, 15 November 2016

In the waning days of the presidential campaign, Bill and Hillary Clinton had a knock-down, drag-out fight about her effort to blame FBI Director James Comey for her slump in the polls and looming danger of defeat.

'I was with Bill in Little Rock when he had this shouting match with Hillary on the phone and she accused Comey for reviving the investigation into her use of a private email server and reversing her campaign's momentum,' said one of Bill Clinton's closest advisers.

'Bill didn't buy the excuse that Comey would cost Hillary the election,' said the source. 'As far as he was concerned, all the blame belonged to [campaign manager Robby] Mook, [campaign chairman John] Podesta and Hillary because they displayed a tone-deaf attitude about the feeble economy and its impact on millions and millions of working-class voters.

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3935800/Days-losing-election-Hillary-Bill-Clinton-sceaming-match-blame-flagging-campaign-ex-president-angry-threw-phone-roof-Arkansas-penthouse.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Looks like the last week was a holy terror for all who worked for Hillary.

....which let the rest of us avoid at least four years of holy (or unholy) terror with her running things.

Funny thing is, Bill was right.  But I don't think there was much she could do about that by that point in the campaign.  She lost that vote with the "deplorables" comment, coupled with the enthusiastic clapping of her supporters at that remark.  It was symptomatic of the ultimate conflict within the democratic coalition -- white working class v. the professional victim class.

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline Lando Lincoln

For someone known for it anyway, this meltdown must have been an epic, melt-your-face rant.  At least until her neurological issues took over.  I simply can't imagine.  Others have said it and I agree - watch for a rapid decline in her health.
John Steinbeck

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
It looks like Slick still has a solid pulse on the country. His assessment ended up dead on.

I think the seeds of that were planted way back with BLM.  When that movement grew outraged at those who said "All Lives Matter", it was like they were closing the victimhood fraternity to anyone who wasn't a ethnic/sexual minority.  Bernie was attacked by BLM whenever he tried to bring up the point that poor white people were suffering too.  They wanted none of that.  It had to be them.

Had Hillary attempted a "I feel your pain" tack with working class whites, my guess is she'd have started getting pushback from all the other tribal interest groups in her coalition.  So, she made a decision to go all in with the demographic groups that were part of her coalition, and she thought that was enough.

It wasn't.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Lando Lincoln

John Steinbeck

Offline r9etb

Had Hillary attempted a "I feel your pain" tack with working class whites, my guess is she'd have started getting pushback from all the other tribal interest groups in her coalition.  So, she made a decision to go all in with the demographic groups that were part of her coalition, and she thought that was enough.

It wouldn't have worked anyway -- nobody would have believed that she actually cares about those outside her bubble of soul-selling sycophants.  Her natural constituency is rich people who want to curry favor, and those who see the entire world through the lens of abortion.

Offline libertybele

IMHO The DEMS lost because they had no one else to run beside Hillary and Hillary lost for several reasons with the number one reason being her sheer arrogance.  She felt that her time had finally come.  She was a female and her name was Hillary Clinton with lots of experience and that in her mind was enough to secure her seat in the oval office.  When Trump became the nominee she was even more confident that the White House was hers; surely people wouldn't vote for someone without any political experience and certainly many saw him too unfit and too crude to be president.  She ignored the fact that he was able to tap into the emotions on key issues of an already angered electorate; instead she continued to elevate herself above the Average Joe.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It looks like Slick still has a solid pulse on the country. His assessment ended up dead on.

As much as I can't stand Bill for many other things, he's always been a political realist that kept the issues connected to the blue collar dinner plate, while the rest of the party has went off into the loony lefty spiritual twilight zone. Hillary forgot that very important axiom he won two terms by.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 05:52:19 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline bolobaby

How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline r9etb

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 06:09:57 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I think every week was a holy terror for anybody who worked in the vicinity of Hillary.  Look out for flying stuff, including obscenities and real stuff, like lamps.

But they did make a mistake sidelining Bill who, despite his womanizing, is far more likable than his wife.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
As much as I can't stand Bill for many other things, he's always been a political realist that kept the issues connected to the blue collar dinner plate, while the rest of the party has went off into the loony lefty spiritual twilight zone. Hillary forgot that very important axiom he won two terms by.

As I've said before, I don't think Bill really wanted her to win.  I think he saw his legacy being destroyed by her incompetence and hubris.

Offline r9etb

But they did make a mistake sidelining Bill who, despite his womanizing, is far more likable than his wife.

I think their calculus was that "likeable Bill" would more than anything emphasize "unpleasant, dishonest Hillary," and they were probably correct.  Also, Bill has a tendency to ramble off-message, and he really doesn't look at all well. 

Their campaign strategy -- and certainly the Podesta e-mails confirm it -- seems to have been built around minimizing the opportunities for Hillary's unpleasantness to shine.  Hence the tendency toward small, invitation-only campaign events.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 07:04:52 pm by r9etb »

Offline NavyCanDo

As I've said before, I don't think Bill really wanted her to win.  I think he saw his legacy being destroyed by her incompetence and hubris.

Now there's a conversation I hope comes up at the Clinton's Thanksgiving Table.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Hoodat

Bill did his part.  He helped the Republicans nominate someone who would get less votes than John McCain did eight years prior.  Hillary was the one who blew it.  No wonder he was pissed.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-