Author Topic: Ben Carson says no to HHS in Trump administration  (Read 948 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Ben Carson says no to HHS in Trump administration
« on: November 15, 2016, 04:15:09 pm »

A close ally to Dr. Ben Carson, seen as a top Trump health care pick, has turned down an offer to be the secretary of Health and Human Services, the overseer of Obamacare......

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/report-ben-carson-says-no-to-hhs-in-trump-administration/article/2607418?custom_click=rss

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: Ben Carson says no to HHS in Trump administration
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 04:55:52 pm »
Darn, he would have been a good choice. Is he holding out for Surgeon General?
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 04:57:46 pm »
Carson probably doesn't have the stomach to be the face of the administration where Obamacare is concerned anyway. Its gonna get ugly.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 05:41:22 pm »
The insurance industry is based on risk. Obamacare attempted to change the business model. 20 million insured at the expense of everyone else. Premiums, deductibles all astronomical for the average worker. There should be a separate risk pool for those with pre-existing conditions.

No one can afford to use their wonderful insurance. I am finishing my career as a telephonic nurse and talk to people who are employed at large corporations all over the country. Each day I hear how people cannot afford to pay for their medications, how their doctors are quitting or retiring and they cannot find a new primary care doctor and many other complaints. It is ugly indeed.

Liberals love living in their theoretical bubble that defies economic reality.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 05:56:32 pm »
The insurance industry is based on risk. Obamacare attempted to change the business model. 20 million insured at the expense of everyone else. Premiums, deductibles all astronomical for the average worker. There should be a separate risk pool for those with pre-existing conditions.

No one can afford to use their wonderful insurance. I am finishing my career as a telephonic nurse and talk to people who are employed at large corporations all over the country. Each day I hear how people cannot afford to pay for their medications, how their doctors are quitting or retiring and they cannot find a new primary care doctor and many other complaints. It is ugly indeed.

Liberals love living in their theoretical bubble that defies economic reality.
Yep if you cover preexisting conditions it's not really insurance. That's the reason you have to have the personal mandate otherwise folks would wait till they need insurance to buy it so to try and keep money coming into the pot they penalize those without insurance, oh excuse me; tax those without insurance.

It's kind of like those rural fire departments and the homeowner who didn't sign up and pay his dues .Then they suddenly gets in a tizzy when there is a fire and want to join. 
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 08:58:25 pm »
Darn, he would have been a good choice. Is he holding out for Surgeon General?

I think he wants Education.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 10:18:27 pm »
Carson would make a good Surgeon General.  As for head of Health and Human Services which would encompass Obamacare; why would anyone take the job??  Obamacare is a mess and certainly someone taking over in this capacity doesn't need the headaches; especially someone who doesn't have any political experience like Carson.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 11:59:54 pm »
Chip Roy ‏@chiproytx  7h7 hours ago
Um... "Dr. Carson feels he has no government experience, he's never run a federal agency..." But, he ran for... Uh... Hmmm...

Leon Wolf ‏@LeonHWolf  5h5 hours ago
Hey, remember when I said Carson had no actual interest in the job and was playing all his supporters for suckers and they got mad at me?