Author Topic: An Arrogant and Lazy Presidency  (Read 872 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
An Arrogant and Lazy Presidency
« on: November 15, 2016, 02:24:37 pm »
November 15, 2016
An Arrogant and Lazy Presidency
By Steve Feinstein

It's safe to say that there has rarely, if ever, been a president more absolutely sure of the utter and total correctness of his positions than Barack Obama.  While outward humility and the intentional display of human hesitation have long been staple behavioral facets of virtually every first-rate high-level communicator as he tries to connect with (and win the support of) his constituency when making difficult decisions, words such as "I've really struggled with this" or "I've thought long and hard about this one" seldom seem to emanate from President Obama's lips.  Instead, complete self-assuredness bordering on smug, condescending arrogance has been the hallmark of his demeanor.

His "signature domestic achievement" – The Affordable Care Act ("Obamacare") – was brought into existence only by an arcane budgetary trick pulled off by then-Senate majority sycophant Harry Reid.  After winning a Massachusetts Senate seat in January 2010, Scott Brown became the "41st senator," the one who would complete a Republican filibuster and prevent the ACA from becoming law.

But the ACA per se was never voted on by the full Senate, and Brown never got the chance to play his role as the 41st Senator in a filibuster.  Sparing everyone the long, sorry, detailed saga, Reid managed to get the ACA to be dependent on a Senate vote under reconciliation, a budget technicality that requires only a simple majority of 51.

more
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/11/an_arrogant_and_lazy_presidency.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rivergirl

Re: An Arrogant and Lazy Presidency
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 02:40:43 pm »
We aint seen nothin yet.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 03:39:27 pm »
IMHO, this is a poorly written article. The author needs to take some writing classes and maybe even a remedial english class.

But that said, the premise of the article is true. The press will go apeshit as Trump unwinds the Obama Executive Order legacy. What they should really be up in arms about is the fact that Obama is so fractious and uncompromising that he hasn't a single legislative achievement which required crossing the aisle to work with Republicans.

The press can go pound sand.  If he doesn't rescind Obama's unconstitutional EOs he'll lose a significant amount of his support.  Perhaps not from the Trumpenfaithful, but from those who reluctantly voted for him over Clinton.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline r9etb

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 03:51:26 pm »
IMHO, this is a poorly written article. The author needs to take some writing classes and maybe even a remedial english class.

It's why I rarely open anything from American Thinker. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 04:06:45 pm »
It always seemed to me that Obama thought he ran for Pope rather than President. He used his entire time to preach to us, and trying to 'transform' instead of actually doing something tangible for the country. He spent his whole term in the moral and spiritual realm, while his rabid followers constantly screamed Separation of Church and State at evangelical Christians. Nothing but an 8 year exercise in self-righteous hypocrisy.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 04:08:18 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 04:14:32 pm »
It always seemed that Obama thought he ran for Pope rather than President. He spent all his time preaching to us, and trying to 'transform' instead of actually doing something tangible for the country. He spent his whole term in the moral and spiritual realm, while his rabid followers constantly screamed Separation of Church and State at evangelical Christians. Nothing but an 8 year exercise in self-righteous hypocrisy.

When the definitive stories of this election are finally written, I think Obama's smug self-righteousness will be identified as one source of the frustrations that brought Trump to the presidency.  Added to that, the guy says all kinds of things, but he rarely does anything.  And when he does do something, it almost always turns to crap. 

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 04:16:02 pm »
Undo O's executive orders and unleash hundreds of his own.
Oh goody goody.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 11:50:41 pm »
lazy and arrogant like this?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 12:01:59 am »

Or a quick leaf through Strunk and White, at least.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink