Author Topic: Obama's pointed rebuke to Clinton for election loss as he tells how HE won by going to 'every fish fry'  (Read 886 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama's pointed rebuke to Clinton for election loss as he tells how HE won by going to 'every fish fry'

Hit Clinton for taking it easy as Donald Trump barnstormed the nation
    The president was taking questions for the first time since his former secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, lost  to Donald Trump
    Said he was victorious in Iowa - a swing state that's mostly white - 'not because of the demographics'
    Said it was because he spent 87 days going to 'every small town and fair and fish fry and VFW hall'
    To Democrats who are 'discouraged' by last Tuesday's election, Obama reminded them, 'things change pretty rapidly.'
    He cast Trump as 'uniquely unqualified' to lead the country on the campaign trail; now says the country must unite behind him

By Francesca Chambers, White House Correspondent For Dailymail.com

Published: 16:06 EST, 14 November 2016 | Updated: 21:23 EST, 14 November 2016

President Barack Obama delivered a veiled rebuke to Hillary Clinton today for spending the summer and much of the fall taking it easy as Donald Trump barnstormed the nation.

The two-time winner Electoral College winner said he was victorious in Iowa, a mostly white state, 'not because the demographics dictated' it, but because he spent 87 days going to 'every small town and fair and fish fry and VFW hall.'

Some counties he may have lost by fewer votes because he dropped in, the president said. Others he may have won unexpectedly because he spent so much time there.

'And the challenge for a national party is how do you dig in there and create those kinds of structures so that people have a sense of what it is that you stand for.'

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3935784/Obama-s-veiled-rebuke-Clinton-losing-election.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Obama won by being black.

Hillary lost by being Obama.

IMHO.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 01:45:12 pm by skeeter »

Offline mountaineer

Good summation, Skeeter.

Hillary probably skipped a lot of fish fries because she so deeply abhors the common folk. Obama is better at pretending to care.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Have to give it to Fool Sucka on this one. If you want to win Iowa, gotta do the fish frys.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 02:10:19 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

Candidates have to eat corn, too.  ^-^
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
She campaigned as a stuck up, elitist, bitch, who felt that the office was 'owed' to her. She didn't have time to be bothered with campaigning, so bourgeois. She couldn't suffer through dealing with the hoi polloi except maybe to condescend to them. I's ain't no waaays taaared. I's come too faaar! From where I's started from...

I think I'll take next week off. This is so taxing. And I'm going to win anyway. Trump is a clown and his supporters are deplorables, with only a couple of teeth between them. So, why should I deign to pretend to care? (insulting people you are attempting to win over is an odd strategy, to say the least)

Hillary Clinton at a fish fry, would be like a cat in the dog pound. She wouldn't know even where to start.

BTW, watching MSNBC, even some of the die hard Liberals are saying she was the worst campaigner in history, that is, the sober ones. The rest of them are still screaming RACISIM! SEXISM! ISLAMOPHOBES! But the more mature Libs, like Obama apparently, know what really happened. As the Left slowly adjusts to the loss, they are starting to be more vocal in their criticism of Hillary.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline r9etb

Obama's pointed rebuke to Clinton for election loss as he tells how HE won by going to 'every fish fry'

I will be so very glad when this man-child is out of office.  It is too bad that he won't simply retire quietly and leave us the hell alone.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Completely ignoring what we think of politics, Obama does have a point. He connected to the people during his campaigns. Besides the fact he played Santa Claus promising the world, he went right out there with the people, walked neighborhoods, knocked on doors, and went to fish fries.

Hillary on the other hand, did the exact opposite. She separated herself from the people as much as possible, only had cameras in highly controlled situations, even per wikileaks, it seemed they tried to keep her rallies and press conferences (once she had them) as small as possible to completely control everything (one email demanded they keep audiences under 100 people with one press stringer to feed the news to everyone else).

She simply didn't connect. She acted like a princess that was awaiting coronation.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Completely ignoring what we think of politics, Obama does have a point. He connected to the people during his campaigns. Besides the fact he played Santa Claus promising the world, he went right out there with the people, walked neighborhoods, knocked on doors, and went to fish fries.

Hillary on the other hand, did the exact opposite. She separated herself from the people as much as possible, only had cameras in highly controlled situations, even per wikileaks, it seemed they tried to keep her rallies and press conferences (once she had them) as small as possible to completely control everything (one email demanded they keep audiences under 100 people with one press stringer to feed the news to everyone else).

She simply didn't connect. She acted like a princess that was awaiting coronation.

I agree.  For all his flaws as a President, the guy ran a great campaign, and worked hard at it.  She acted as though the Presidency was hers by right, and was massively outworked by a 70 year old man.

Offline r9etb

Yes, but.....  If she'd tried to campaign like Obama she wouldn't have achieved the same results.

You have to factor in the difference between them.  Obama was/is a rock star.  Personal appearances work for him: whatever his failings in office, he's a very good candidate.

Conversely, Hillary's handlers realized early on that personal appearances didn't help her, and in many cases hurt her.  She doesn't connect well with people; she's condescending by nature.  She was, quite simply, a terrible candidate.

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Obama won because too many people wanted to feel virtuous by voting for the first black President. We have suffered enough and this election is an in-your-face repudiation of all the failed policies. IMO Zero beat Carter as the worst President by far.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline r9etb

Obama won because too many people wanted to feel virtuous by voting for the first black President. We have suffered enough and this election is an in-your-face repudiation of all the failed policies. IMO Zero beat Carter as the worst President by far.

By far.

Offline libertybele

She campaigned as a stuck up, elitist, bitch, who felt that the office was 'owed' to her. She didn't have time to be bothered with campaigning, so bourgeois. She couldn't suffer through dealing with the hoi polloi except maybe to condescend to them. I's ain't no waaays taaared. I's come too faaar! From where I's started from...

I think I'll take next week off. This is so taxing. And I'm going to win anyway. Trump is a clown and his supporters are deplorables, with only a couple of teeth between them. So, why should I deign to pretend to care? (insulting people you are attempting to win over is an odd strategy, to say the least)

Hillary Clinton at a fish fry, would be like a cat in the dog pound. She wouldn't know even where to start.

BTW, watching MSNBC, even some of the die hard Liberals are saying she was the worst campaigner in history, that is, the sober ones. The rest of them are still screaming RACISIM! SEXISM! ISLAMOPHOBES! But the more mature Libs, like Obama apparently, know what really happened. As the Left slowly adjusts to the loss, they are starting to be more vocal in their criticism of Hillary.

:beer:  Exactly....I tried to state it a little less harshly, but you absolutely hit the nail on the head! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.