Author Topic: Mike Huckabee Being Considered for Commerce, Secretary of State in Trump Administration  (Read 1633 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Hogan Gidley, who served as communications director for Gov. Mike Huckabee’s 2016 GOP presidential campaign and is a close friend of the former governor of Arkansas, confirmed to Breitbart News that Huckabee is being considered for a position in the Trump administration....

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/11/14/exclusive-hogan-gidley-mike-huckabee-considered-commerce-secretary-state-trump-administration/

geronl

No form of conservatism is coming from this

Offline Idiot

I wonder if he brings his guitar for free or if it's extra.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Only the best???
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Frank Cannon

He's a detestable fat slob.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Only the best???
Patronage at its finest.

He's a New Yorker. We all saw (or should have seen) this coming.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Wingnut

You can't drain the swap when you flush it with cesspool waste water.  Man the slime keeps oozing into Trunptown

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Huck has been a real soldier for Trump, of course, he is going to get a spot like this.

I wonder who will be health and human services? Carson?

This will be a star-studded cabinet.

Offline Frank Cannon

Huck has been a real soldier for Trump, of course, he is going to get a spot like this.

LOL. Like hell. This is shaping up to be a cabinet full of has beens and losers. Fat Mike has done nothing of import other than stuffing his fat face with fried chicken.

Wingnut

Offline libertybele

LOL. Like hell. This is shaping up to be a cabinet full of has beens and losers. Fat Mike has done nothing of import other than stuffing his fat face with fried chicken.

Agreed ... but so far his list of people seems to incorporate those who stood by him from the beginning and obviously Trump rewards loyalty.  Huckster joined him when he refused to debate and did a rally for the Veterans.

Gingrich, Giuliani, Huckabee, Palin, Sessions ... will probably all fill cabinet positions
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Wingnut

They will never learn.

Offline Suppressed

Agreed ... but so far his list of people seems to incorporate those who stood by him from the beginning and obviously Trump rewards loyalty.  Huckster joined him when he refused to debate and did a rally for the Veterans.

Gingrich, Giuliani, Huckabee, Palin, Sessions ... will probably all fill cabinet positions

So much for the "best" people.

Best suck-ups, I guess.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline bolobaby

Good God.

I was ok with a possible Bolton pick, but this is no good.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline DB

Loyalty before competence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Since Mike Huckabee has long been and still is and unremitting supporter of the one currently pending piece of legislation (HR25/S122 the Fairtax bill)  in Washington that would TRULY make a long term difference I would fully support him as Secretary of Commerce.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Loyalty before competence.

It appears that they don't need competence.  If they weren't #NeverTrump they get a job.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.