Author Topic: Brown students tore up, threw out American flags at Veterans Day ceremony  (Read 743 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 The Washington Post
Susan Svrluga
3 hrs ago

American flags flying for a Veterans Day ceremony at Brown University were snapped in half, torn up and thrown away, according to a veteran who watched it happen and another student who videotaped what he saw happening and posted it online.

That prompted other students to counterprotest, according to the campus newspaper, the Brown Daily Herald, with a senior upset by the actions organizing a group to sit on the school’s green to protect the remaining flags. And it opened up an intense debate about the meaning of patriotism and sacrifice on the Ivy League campus in the days after a divisive election, with some students saying in online debates that it’s hard to love a country that has committed atrocities and oppressed minorities.

At American University last week, some students set American flags on fire to protest Donald Trump’s election as president and “white America,” saying the country was “going down in flames,” and American flags were destroyed at protests elsewhere in the country in recent days.

more
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/brown-students-tore-up-threw-out-american-flags-at-veterans-day-ceremony/ar-AAki1l5?li=AA4ZnC&ocid=spartandhp
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Brown students tore up, threw out American flags at Veterans Day ceremony
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 12:48:48 am »
I will put my foot through my TV the  next time a news reader says this "civil disobedience " is spontaneous and grassroots.  These are highly organized by communist insurgents, possibly financed by Soros and others interested in the destruction of America.  All of them should be in jail, but the JustUs Department and other law enforcement are too busy looking for imaginary racism under every rock. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 01:38:24 am »
This much stupid makes my head hurt.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 01:50:19 am »
I will put my foot through my TV the  next time a news reader says this "civil disobedience " is spontaneous and grassroots.  These are highly organized by communist insurgents, possibly financed by Soros and others interested in the destruction of America.  All of them should be in jail, but the JustUs Department and other law enforcement are too busy looking for imaginary racism under every rock.

No "possibly" about it.  It's definitely funded by Soros and his cohort.  There are other threads here demonstrating that.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Deacon Blue

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 03:58:39 am »
A bunch of spoiled effing brats who didn't get their way politically for the first time in their lives.

Liberals are only for free speech if you agree with them.  Many of them are basically turning into domestic terrorists.