Author Topic: Trump to bring back Churchill statue SHAMEFULLY removed from White House by Barack Obama  (Read 3857 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump to bring back Churchill statue SHAMEFULLY removed from White House by Barack Obama

NIGEL FARAGE has revealed that Donald Trump will re-install a bust of Winston Churchill removed from the Oval Office by Barack Obama - in a clear sign of the friendship the new President wishes to foster with Britain.

By Rehema Figueiredo

The interim Ukip leader said Mr Trump has already pushed Britain to the front of the queue for a favourable trade relationship and added that he is the man to forge stronger ties with the US as he flew to visit the business tycoon in his first days as President Elect.

Mr Farage said: "We talked about the prospect of the United Kingdom being at the front of the queue, all of which was met positively."

His comments come after outgoing President Barack Obama told the UK earlier this year that its decision to leave the EU meant it would be at the "back of the queue" for trade talks.

more
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/732082/Trump-Churchill-statue-removed-White-House-Barack-Obama

PUBLISHED: 00:00, Mon, Nov 14, 2016 | UPDATED: 16:11, Mon, Nov 14, 2016
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Norm Lenhart

Good. It was disgusting that Barry removed it. Point to Trump.

Offline Suppressed

Totally made-up story. The Oval Office busy was lent to GWB. Obama didn't send it back; Britain took it back -- it was removed by the curator's office with all of the pthe art lent to the administration, just like is alays done.

The White House bust is still there, in the Residence, outside the treaty room.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 11:33:59 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline musiclady

Totally made-up story. The Oval Office busy was lent to GWB. Obama didn't send it back; Britain took it back.

The White House bust is still there.

Seriously??  Do you have a link to back that up? 

It's the first I've heard that Obama didn't send it back, and that surprises me, because he pretty much hates England.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Suppressed

It's the first I've heard that Obama didn't send it back, and that surprises me, because he pretty much hates England.

It has been debunked many times in many places. See
https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/07/27/fact-check-bust-winston-churchill
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Totally made-up story. The Oval Office busy was lent to GWB. Obama didn't send it back; Britain took it back -- it was removed by the curator's office with all of the pthe art lent to the administration, just like is alays done.

The White House bust is still there, in the Residence, outside the treaty room.

I'd rather see a Coolidge portrait in a prominent place like Reagan did.

Offline musiclady

Whoa.  That's an Obama source.

I'd like an objective source if you have one.

Thanks, but I remain skeptical.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Silver Pines

This is very good.

Offline Fantom

Right... yes, let us consider obama as truth.  :silly:

I think not.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Norm Lenhart

The so called debunking has been debunked time and again. There were a couple busts. One went back if memory serves.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This pleases me greatly.   ^-^

Offline Fantom

The so called debunking has been debunked time and again. There were a couple busts. One went back if memory serves.

Yes, there were two busts. One was an official gift... that is the one still at the White House. The other one was the one obama removed and sent back.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Norm Lenhart

Yes, there were two busts. One was an official gift... that is the one still at the White House. The other one was the one obama removed and sent back.

Yup and I think he banished the other to some out of the way room.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This pleases me greatly.   ^-^

I too was happy to see this..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Good. It was disgusting that Barry removed it. Point to Trump.
I agree. Trump +1
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

That sounds more like what I had read.  Obama sent the one back (Anglo hater that he is).

If so, this is one of few (so far) things that I applaud Trump for.

I hope there are a few more so I don't have an Obama-like future for four nasty years.......

Offline SirLinksALot

This source says otherwise: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/9436526/White-House-admits-it-did-return-Winston-Churchill-bust-to-Britain.html

TITLE: White House admits it did return Winston Churchill bust to Britain

Aides to Mr Obama were furious after The Daily Telegraph disclosed last week that Mitt Romney planned to restore the Jacob Epstein sculpture to its home under George W Bush from 2001 to 2009.

"I'm looking forward to the bust of Winston Churchill being in the Oval Office again," the Republican challenger confirmed at a fund-raiser at London's Mandarin Oriental hotel.

Dan Pfeiffer, the President's communications director, said in a statement that widespread reports of the bust being returned to Britain's embassy in Washington as Mr Obama took office were untrue.

"This is 100 per cent false," Mr Pfeiffer said. "The bust is still in the White House. In the Residence. Outside the Treaty Room". Illustrating his statement with a photograph of Mr Obama inspecting it with David Cameron in 2010, he added: "Hopefully this clears things up a bit and prevents folks from making this ridiculous claim again".

British officials were surprised by Mr Pfeiffer's statement and photograph, however, because the bust now resides in the residence of Sir Peter Westmacott, Britain's ambassador to the US. Further inquiries led to the discovery that there are, in fact, two matching Churchill busts by Epstein.

The one displayed by Mr Bush was indeed returned, along with all other art lent to him, as his presidency came to an end. The other, which remains in the White House residence, was given as a gift to President Lyndon B Johnson in 1965 by a group of Atlanticist diplomats and military officers.

In an update to his statement, a defiant Mr Pfeiffer stressed that the notion Mr Obama had returned a bust "because of antipathy towards the British" was "an urban legend".
A spokesman for the British ambassador agreed. "Both President Obama and the Prime Minister have repeatedly underlined that our two countries remain the closest of allies."
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 12:55:18 am by SirLinksALot »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I was hoping he would do that.  And, it's a sort of "up yours" to Theresa Mays too.

Offline Suppressed

This source says otherwise: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/9436526/White-House-admits-it-did-return-Winston-Churchill-bust-to-Britain.html

In an update to his statement, a defiant Mr Pfeiffer stressed that the notion Mr Obama had returned a bust "because of antipathy towards the British" was "an urban legend".
A spokesman for the British ambassador agreed. "Both President Obama and the Prime Minister have repeatedly underlined that our two countries remain the closest of allies."[/size]

Your source confirmed what I said...that the bust was lent to Bush, not Obama, and was returned along with all other loaned property, as is usual.
+++++++++

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I know.  I've believed for years that Obama sent it back?  Why wasn't it refuted then if it wasn't true?  The media wasn't exactly anti-Obama.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Okay.  After reading all the stuff, I believe that Obama sent it back as a kind of insult to both George W. Bush and England.

I'm glad that Trump intends to display it.  Good move.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Kept telling you the Oval Office bust was in the Embassy now.

I do have one question for you all ...

What makes you so certain the UK will lend it out again? After all, it's return was an insult.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Frank Cannon

Since that's the case, maybe we can get a couple of packages of Jammie Dodgers instead.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 04:28:25 am by Frank Cannon »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Since that's the case, maybe we can get a couple of packages of Jammie Dodgers instead.

Isn't that a method of avoiding night wear?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Q
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2016, 02:28:30 pm »
I bet you won't see a picture of Trump violating the Resolute desk given by Britain by placing his feet arrogantly on it either.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington