Author Topic: Trump’s Supreme Court justice should be shunned  (Read 812 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump’s Supreme Court justice should be shunned
« on: November 14, 2016, 10:04:59 pm »
Trump’s Supreme Court justice should be shunned
By J. Stephen Clark, contributor - 11/14/16 04:33 PM EST

Donald Trump will get to fill a Supreme Court vacancy that should not exist. It persists only because of outlandish ideological obstruction by Senate Republicans. That obstruction will now taint the eventual appointee, whom the legal community should shun after confirmation.

The vacancy could easily have been filled this year. It arose from Justice Antonin Scalia’s death, which happened in February. The Senate had plenty of time to confirm a successor before the Court's next annual term began in October.

Of course, politics, not time, prevented the confirmation of a successor. Senate Republicans saw a chance to obstruct it in hopes that a Republican would win the presidential election. It made no difference that President Barack Obama had extended an olive branch by defying his base to nominate a centrist Democrat, whom Republicans had previously praised.

more

http://www.thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/the-administration/305927-trumps-supreme-court-justice-should-be-shunned
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 10:06:24 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump’s Supreme Court justice should be shunned
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 10:06:59 pm »
I home McConnell is planning on using the nuclear option.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 10:20:17 pm »

I don't know who they think they are going to shun, or how they plan on doing it. We couldn't 'shun' the shipping barge of liberalism that was Obamacare and gay marriage. So how exactly do they plan on non compliance with any USSC decision after a Trump appt.?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 10:26:51 pm »
The more the left makes such outlandish claims, I'm beginning to actually like Trump.  However, I remain cautious that Trump is actually going to do what he claims.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 10:48:35 pm »

If he does, it's over. The filibuster is over.

For better and for worse (ie. when the GOP is out of power).

Offline Fantom

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 11:39:24 pm »

+1
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 11:41:56 pm »
The more the left makes such outlandish claims, I'm beginning to actually like Trump.  However, I remain cautious that Trump is actually going to do what he claims.

I agree.

SO far Trump is doing well ... in my book. But I await him actually taking office and see what comes.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 11:43:44 pm »
What a load of tripe.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 11:44:01 pm »

If he does, it's over. The filibuster is over.

For better and for worse (ie. when the GOP is out of power).

It's already over. Was when Dirty Harry Reid threw the first nuk. And promised to finish the job if Hillary won and they gained the Senate.

Frederick Douglass

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 12:15:58 am »

It would be nice...but his history says he won't.

McConnell is one of the things wrong with DC right now.  I really wish Matt Bevin had sent him into retirement.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 12:20:28 am »
It would be nice...but his history says he won't.

McConnell is one of the things wrong with DC right now.  I really wish Matt Bevin had sent him into retirement.

Yup, he is indeed.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2016, 12:29:57 am »
Yup, he is indeed.

I really hate being as pessimistic about anything changing in D.C. after this election...but I've learned the hard way after 8 years of Obama and we the people giving the GOP the House and the Senate in solid numbers to effect real change and all they did was make smokey back room deals with the Liberals.

I'm totally turning into a pessimist and it sucks.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2016, 01:42:52 am »
I really hate being as pessimistic about anything changing in D.C. after this election...but I've learned the hard way after 8 years of Obama and we the people giving the GOP the House and the Senate in solid numbers to effect real change and all they did was make smokey back room deals with the Liberals.

I've made peace with it. Today pessimism is being a realist with the GOP. They earned our pessimism. They deserve it and if they want to be looked at in better terms than groveling surrender monkeys, they need to act in ways that makes us think better of them. I refuse to feel bad for seeing the world as it is.

Offline beandog

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2016, 01:48:52 am »

That's not being a pessimist, that's being a realist.  I'm one of those too.   :shrug: