Author Topic: Trump will honor NATO commitment, Obama says  (Read 708 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump will honor NATO commitment, Obama says
« on: November 14, 2016, 09:37:33 pm »

Trump will honor NATO commitment, Obama says

By Madeline Conway

11/14/16 04:04 PM EST

President-elect Donald Trump is committed to NATO, President Barack Obama said Monday.

Trump, the Republican president-elect whose unexpected victory last week shocked other world leaders, was often critical of NATO on the campaign trail, going so far as to call it “obsolete.” Those statements, coupled with his praise of Russian leader Vladimir Putin -- with whom Trump spoke by phone on Monday -- have alarmed foreign leaders, especially in the front-line states in Eastern Europe and the Baltics.

Obama, who is preparing to embark on his last trip to Europe as president, said Trump signaled when they met last week that he would not be throwing out the decades-old alliance.

“He expressed a great interest in maintaining our core strategic relationships,” Obama said at his first press conference since last week’s election. “And so, one of the messages I will be able to deliver is his commitment to NATO and the Transatlantic Alliance.”

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/trump-will-honor-nato-obama-says-231357
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Trump will honor NATO commitment, Obama says
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 10:15:13 pm »
Don't like this one little bit.

Not the Trump will honor NATO commitment part - the Worm being the one to state it is what's chafing my ass. Keep your nose out, Worm, you got no business dictating the actions of the next President.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 02:10:58 am »
Well I thought it would take a while longer.  Its hard to throw support to a president who has caved on everything he said in his campaign.  Yes, yes he is going to build a wall and sections of fencing.  And yes he is going to deport illegals.  If they have a criminal record.

I was not sold on leaving NATO anyway.  But I see him already dumping campaign promises.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 02:57:51 am »
Well I thought it would take a while longer.  Its hard to throw support to a president who has caved on everything he said in his campaign.  Yes, yes he is going to build a wall and sections of fencing.  And yes he is going to deport illegals.  If they have a criminal record.

I was not sold on leaving NATO anyway.  But I see him already dumping campaign promises.
Trumps not dumping campaign promises, he's just doing the New York minute version of the Texas Side Step.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emc1M5F9I-E

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 04:48:14 am »
Trumps not dumping campaign promises, he's just doing the New York minute version of the Texas Side Step.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emc1M5F9I-E

How's it go?  I am not from New York or Texas.  I think I get it.

Oh, for some reason the link didn't show up.  There was a big box in your post without the link.  But when I quoted it showed up.  I see this often.  Why does this happen?

Anyway good video.  I agree that it will be the same with Trump is that a yes or maybe?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 04:56:01 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.