Author Topic: WSJ: Trump Surprised by Duties of Job  (Read 1664 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WSJ: Trump Surprised by Duties of Job
« on: November 14, 2016, 08:25:56 pm »

Newsmax
WSJ: Trump Surprised by Duties of Job
Monday, November 14, 2016 09:30 AM

By: Jeffrey Rodack

President-elect Donald Trump was surprised by the scope of his duties running the nation, The Wall Street Journal reported.

After meeting at the White House with President Barack Obama on Thursday, sources told the newspaper Trump was unaware he had to replace the entire presidential staff working in the West Wing.

Quoting "people familiar with the matter," the newspaper said Obama realized the incoming president needs more of his guidance and is planning to devote additional time briefing him.

Meanwhile Trump spokesman Jason Miller declined comment on those characterizations of Trump, the Journal reported.

"The difference between President-elect Trump and a politician is that Trump puts a premium on making the right decision, not the politically expedient one. President-elect Trump's excellent judgment and temperament has served him well in business and in life, and he's not going to be swayed by a bunch of political insiders responsible for filling up the swamp in the first place."

Obama has pledged to do everything he can to help make the transition smooth for the incoming Trump administration, The New York Times reported.

"I want to emphasize to you, Mr. President-elect, that we now are going to want to do everything we can to help you succeed because if you succeed, then the country succeeds," Obama told Trump at the White House.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/trump-surprised-duties-president/2016/11/14/id/758714/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: WSJ: Trump Surprised by Duties of Job
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 09:11:00 pm »
Well, I'm certainly not surprised that he's surprised.

That happens when you're ignorant.

(Just like Obama was, btw).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 09:25:00 pm »
A President does not "run the nation"

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 09:28:07 pm »
Well, I'm certainly not surprised that he's surprised.

That happens when you're ignorant.

(Just like Obama was, btw).

Well, that's what makes the appointment of a professional administrator like Priebus a pretty good move.  Delegate to him the handling of non-policymaking staff.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 09:48:27 pm »

The job was much easier in the days of constitutional governance.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 10:01:16 pm »

Offline rodamala

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 11:09:37 pm »
He'll be really "surprised" when he finds out that the Vice President is not really his Executive right hand man/personal assistant/bitch.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 11:29:31 pm »
Well, that's what makes the appointment of a professional administrator like Priebus a pretty good move.  Delegate to him the handling of non-policymaking staff.

I suppose so, from a strictly business standpoint.

From a political standpoint as someone who wanted Trump to move right (not alt-right, however) if he won, it's not so encouraging, however.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 12:15:57 am »
Methinks some government workers downsizing is in our future.   :smokin:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 12:28:35 am »

Exactly, nor is this nation a business; as most of us realized Trump thought he was going to run this country like one of his company's with business meetings and negotiating deals. Obviously he failed to recognize that a whole new administration change will be taking place and he will have to get the consent of Congress before he goes off on does what he wants to do.  One of my biggest concerns has always been; will Trump actually take the advice that people in 'place' give him??  Secondly, he needs to realize that the Constitution is in place and is the Supreme Law of the Land -- not Trump's will.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 01:19:09 am »
Obama wants to stick around for awhile to tutor the incoming president.

Why am I not surprised.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2016, 01:33:23 am »
Methinks some government workers downsizing is in our future.   :smokin:

Why do you think that?  @Right_in_Virginia

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2016, 01:53:10 am »
Obama wants to stick around for awhile to tutor the incoming president.

Why am I not surprised.

The people have clearly rejected Obama's policies.  He needs to leave after Trump is sworn in and allow the newly-elected president and his cabinet to take over on day one.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2016, 02:06:56 am »

We can't fire VA workers who's incompetence and apathy has led to the death of veterans.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2016, 09:19:38 pm »

Sorry for the late reply @Sanguine, I just checked my "mentions".   ^-^

I think 4,000 WH/Administration employees are not necessary ... and I'm guessing (and it's just a guess), that Trump will agree.  The number sounds necessary for people (politicians) who do not have managerial experience and who do have lobbyist/donor dues to pay.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 09:22:36 pm by Right_in_Virginia »