Author Topic: Gingrich: 'Very Important' for Trump to 'Have As Many Democrats As Possible' to Help Him  (Read 808 times)

rangerrebew

Gingrich: 'Very Important' for Trump to 'Have As Many Democrats As Possible' to Help Him
By Susan Jones | November 14, 2016 | 5:23 AM EST
Donald Trump joins House Speaker Newt Gingrich after a meeting in New York in 2011 when Gingrich was running for president. (AP File Photo)

(CNSNews.com) - Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich says Donald Trump needs to "swing for the fences" as soon as he takes office, and he needs to "have as many Democrats as possible help him do this."

Appearing on CBS's "Face the Nation," Gingrich said Trump "needs to have a very, very aggressive first year."

Gingrich pointed to President Ronald Reagan as an example of someone who knew how to move the country in another direction:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/gingrich-very-important-trump-have-many-democrats-possible-help-him
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 02:53:55 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Night Hides Not

Gingrich: 'Very Important' for Trump to 'Have As Many Democrats As Possible' to Help Him
By Susan Jones | November 14, 2016 | 5:23 AM EST
Donald Trump joins House Speaker Newt Gingrich after a meeting in New York in 2011 when Gingrich was running for president. (AP File Photo)

(CNSNews.com) - Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich says Donald Trump needs to "swing for the fences" as soon as he takes office, and he needs to "have as many Democrats as possible help him do this."

Appearing on CBS's "Face the Nation," Gingrich said Trump "needs to have a very, very aggressive first year."

Gingrich pointed to President Ronald Reagan as an example of someone who knew how to move the country in another direction:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/gingrich-very-important-trump-have-many-democrats-possible-help-him

The Freedom Caucus will be kicked to the curb, and often. Bullish news for the UniParty, both sides hate the Freedom Caucus and like minded organizations, such as the Tea Party. At last count the Freedom Caucus had 42 members, out of 435 in the House. President Art of the Deal should have no problem working with Ryan and McConnell.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Is this "Good Newt" or "Bad Newt"?

Or is it a case of "No Newt is Good Newt"?
 :bigsilly:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 03:49:19 pm by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Make the Swamp Great Again

Online libertybele

It's beginning to look like  "we tried to tell you" moments will be in order.  He hasn't even been sworn in yet and so far he's flipped on the Iran deal, Obamacare and prosecuting Hillary and now he's beginning to line his cabinet with liberals.

Ah, what the heck, why wait ... we told you Trumpsters this was going to happen!

I predict he will back down on amnesty, Muslim immigration and building the wall.  It's not going to happen folks, not going to happen.   Believe me and trust me!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Night Hides Not

It's beginning to look like  "we tried to tell you" moments will be in order.  He hasn't even been sworn in yet and so far he's flipped on the Iran deal, Obamacare and prosecuting Hillary and now he's beginning to line his cabinet with liberals.

Ah, what the heck, why wait ... we told you Trumpsters this was going to happen!

I predict he will back down on amnesty, Muslim immigration and building the wall.  It's not going to happen folks, not going to happen.   Believe me and trust me!

The Freedom Caucus is going to be run over by the UniParty and the TrumpTrain.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Suppressed

It's beginning to look like  "we tried to tell you" moments will be in order. 

Nine-dimensional chess.

He's going to lunge America to the left in order to make it conservative, don'tcha know
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 04:01:36 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Nine-dimensional chess.

He's going to lunge America to the left in order to make it conservative, don'tcha know

Funny, I read that as "Nine-delusional chess".  Had to go back and re-read it.