Author Topic: Trump Says He Will Only Take $1 Presidential Salary  (Read 426 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Says He Will Only Take $1 Presidential Salary
« on: November 14, 2016, 02:27:59 pm »

Newsmax
Trump Says He Will Only Take $1 Presidential Salary
Sunday, November 13, 2016 10:30 PM

By: Brian Freeman

President-elect Donald Trump says he does not want the annual $400,000 presidential salary and instead will only take a symbolic $1 a year.

Trump made the revelation on "60 Minutes" Sunday night, telling CBS' Lesley Stahl, "No, I'm not going to take the salary. I'm not taking it  … I think I have to by law take $1, so I'll take $1 a year," before adding that he didn’t he even know what the salary was.

Trump also said he did not intend to go on vacation, because "We have so much work to get done. I want to get it done for the people … so I don’t think we'll be very big on vacations."

Trump reiterated that he will release his tax returns "at the appropriate time, but right now I'm under routine audit."

He added that nobody cares about it, explaining that “The only one who cares is, you know, you and a few people that asked that question. Obviously, the public didn't care because I won the election very easily. So they don't care. I never thought they did care.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/donald-trump-salary-cbs-60-minutes/2016/11/13/id/758656/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

Re: Trump Says He Will Only Take $1 Presidential Salary
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 03:07:00 pm »
I hope we get our money's worth.   :smokin:

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 03:07:51 pm »
I hope we get our money's worth.   :smokin:

:thumbsup3:

:da man:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 03:12:30 pm »
If I remember correctly, JFK was the first to start with this tradition.

Michael Bloomberg was the other politician who only took a $1 salary for three terms as Mayor of NYC.