Author Topic: Obamacare Repeal: Trump Has a Mandate  (Read 785 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obamacare Repeal: Trump Has a Mandate
« on: November 14, 2016, 01:54:03 pm »
     David Catron

November 14, 2016, 12:02 am

Post-election poll shows that repeal is the top priority of Republican voters.

Many commentators, including yours truly, seriously underestimated Donald Trump’s electoral prospects despite prescient assurances that he would win from American Spectator stalwarts like Jeffrey Lord and R. Emmett Tyrrell. Unlike most Trump skeptics, however, I’m delighted to have been proven wrong. His flaws notwithstanding, “the Donald” has spared the nation four years of Clintonian corruption and scandal while garnering a genuine mandate for the repeal of that crime against democracy — Obamacare. Indeed, according to the first major post-election voter survey, “Seventy-four percent of Republicans say they want to repeal the Affordable Care Act when Donald Trump takes the White House.”

And the desire to deep-six Obamacare is by no means limited to Republicans. Recent public opinion polls indicate that a majority of Americans want to be rid of it. In late October Gallup reported, “When asked about repealing ‘Obamacare,’ 51% said they favor repealing it.” A week before the election Rasmussen reported, “Voters overwhelmingly favor changes in Obamacare, with more voters than ever calling for its outright repeal.” What about the few who like the law and those who want government-run single-payer health care? Well, that’s why we have elections. They lost. After January 20, 2017, the President and Congress will begin working together to repeal the ironically titled “Affordable Care Act.”

more
https://spectator.org/obamacare-repeal-trump-has-a-mandate/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Obamacare Repeal: Trump Has a Mandate
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 12:38:03 am »
Yes, he does.  It was #1 on his "hit parade" at all his rallies.  We voted for this.

Online LMAO

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 01:06:18 am »
This law needs to go. No tweaking. No keeping the popular aspects.

Dump it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 01:49:08 am »
Well, that’s why we have elections. They lost. After January 20, 2017, the President and Congress will begin working together to repeal the ironically titled “Affordable Care Act.”

Just wait to see what you get instead.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 02:35:53 am »
At the very least, start repealing major provisions such as:
- Tax penalties for not enrolling
- Employer mandate
- Mandatory coverage (such as ob/gyn services for male policies)
- Medical device tax
- Medicare changes
- Dr. reporting requirements

If you can't knock the entire temple down at once, do it one pillar at a time.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 04:42:00 am »
If you can't knock the entire temple down at once, do it one pillar at a time.

That's how the Supreme Court shot down some of the Obamacare provisions and just about the
entire McCain-Feingold campaign finance "reform" disgrace.

My own call: They go after knocking down the tax penalties first and work from there. If they're smart,
they hit that first because that's something everyone understands only too well. That gives them
the bedrock support they'd need to begin chipping the others away.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.