Author Topic: The next great battle for conservatives: Keeping RINO insiders out of the administration  (Read 9753 times)

Offline libertybele

Trump is not off to a good start with RINO Priebus.

The next great battle for conservatives: Keeping RINO insiders out of the administration

It’s no secret that Donald Trump is as much of a blank slate on policy as anyone who’s ever been elected president. Both supporters and opponents of the president-elect agree that Trump is still very malleable on many issues and has a lot to learn about both foreign and domestic policy. This is why it is critical for conservatives to win the ‘battle of personnel’ in the coming days. Failure to land conservative outsiders in key cabinet and advisory roles would be akin to failing to establish control of the beach head during the Normandy invasion. We can dream of our policy battles once we get a footing on land, but if the same RINO insiders who broke the system are allowed to control the administration, we will immediately fall back in the sea, rendering the entire election moot.

While many conservatives were and remain apprehensive about Trump’s commitment to conservative values on some issues, the appeal most saw in him was a figure who would bulldoze the failed elites and rid the system of its barnacles. This sentiment was perhaps epitomized during the debates when Hillary Clinton would proudly tout her decades of experience. Trump simply retorted, “Hillary has experience, but it's bad experience.” It gets back to Bill Buckley’s old adage – “I'd rather entrust the government of the United States to the first 400 people listed in the Boston telephone directory than to the faculty of Harvard University.”

Nowhere is this more evident than with foreign policy, national security, and immigration. Almost everyone with experience in these fields within government has been on the wrong side of these issues and harbor views so divorced from reality that even random names in a telephone book would make better decisions. Yet, these same failed insiders are now gravitating to the transition team like a fly on stink and are looking for jobs. ...

...The first challenge is to appoint a chief of staff who is not only resolute and organized but who shares the vision of the movement Trump has led. A good first start is to reject calls from establishment figures to name RNC Chairman Reince Priebus to this top advisory role.

Additionally, failure to keep the following people out of the administration would tarnish the entire appeal of a Trump presidency...

- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/11/next-great-battle-for-conservatives-keeping-rino-insiders-out-of-the-administration#sthash.Sv1NHuYx.dpuf
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
BWAHAHAHAAAHAAAHAHAAHAAHAAAHHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trump just made the ultimate INSIDER Rinse Prius his Chief of Staff!

So much for keeping Establishment RINOs out of Trump's regime!

But… but - we are being told this was a genius move - a smart move, a great move for Conservatives to put the guy who changed the rules and shoved McCain and Romney down our throats as Trump's chump!

Way to go there!
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline sinkspur

Do the messengers inside Trump Tower not realize where this reference comes from?

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
 :silly: Oopsie. Too late.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I didn't vote for Trump in the expectation that he would be some wonderful, radical conservative agent of change.  My sights were set much lower - I voted him because I thought he would hurt the country less than would Hillary.  And as I recall, the primary concern of a good portion of the #NeverTrumpers is that he was too unpredicatable and freaky, and couldn't be trusted even to be a generic Republican.

So from where I'm sitting, appointing a bunch of typical RINO insiders, like Priebus, is perfectly consistent with the minimal expectations of a lot of reluctant Trump supporters.  It suggests we'll at least get our Justices, and otherwise, something better than what we'd have gotten with Hillary.

I'll take Priebus and RINO's as opposed to the election alternative.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 03:46:28 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline bilo

How would posters identify VP Pence? Is he a conservative, or a rino?

I think Pence is the VP because he's going to do the "heavy lifting". Trump is just setting himself up to be a symbol. He's got a few key things he wants to do and how they get done will be left to career politicians.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Norm Lenhart

How would posters identify VP Pence? Is he a conservative, or a rino?

Go along get along.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I do feel sorry for the author.

Once in a while, you'll write a piece, a good piece, and it runs with spectacularly bad timing. Been there - had a stretch  of 3 years where every single time I wrote an article on Japan, they had a major earthquake the same day the piece ran.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I do feel sorry for the author.

Once in a while, you'll write a piece, a good piece, and it runs with spectacularly bad timing. Been there - had a stretch  of 3 years where every single time I wrote an article on Japan, they had a major earthquake the same day the piece ran.
Ever consider covering DC?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Ever consider covering DC?

:tongue2: I could be bribed .....

Though, no. Politics holds little interest for me as far as actual writing goes. My none fiction stuff leans to comedy and satire, and politicians are ridiculously self satirising.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
:tongue2: I could be bribed .....

Though, no. Politics holds little interest for me as far as actual writing goes. My none fiction stuff leans to comedy and satire, and politicians are ridiculously self satirising.
Hmmm. I was wondering about the earthquake connection. :nometalk:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

Trump is the ultimate RINO

Offline Night Hides Not

Trump is the ultimate RINO

Priebus is getting paid back for all of the maneuvering done at the convention for Trump's benefit.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I am optimistic, not because Donald Trump will be the next President but because a Republican Congress will have the opportunity to translate its priorities into legislation that a Republican President can sign.   I am a huge fan of Paul Ryan and his "Better Plan" for the nation,  but had thought Ryan's influence would be waning.  Instead,  he's got an ally (Priebus) within the White House and it's likely he retains his Speakership.   Perhaps even better,  the rule changes that Harry Reid pushed through in the Senate to frustrate the minority's filibuster right can now be used to allow a united GOP Senate majority to pass legislation.

Tax simplification,  a growth agenda,  school choice,  regulatory reform, even entitlement reform  - all are now within the means of a GOP Congress.   That's where I'm focusing my attention and my optimism.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Just_Victor

I am optimistic, not because Donald Trump will be the next President but because a Republican Congress will have the opportunity to translate its priorities into legislation that a Republican President can sign.   I am a huge fan of Paul Ryan and his "Better Plan" for the nation,  but had thought Ryan's influence would be waning.  Instead,  he's got an ally (Priebus) within the White House and it's likely he retains his Speakership.   Perhaps even better,  the rule changes that Harry Reid pushed through in the Senate to frustrate the minority's filibuster right can now be used to allow a united GOP Senate majority to pass legislation.

Tax simplification,  a growth agenda,  school choice,  regulatory reform, even entitlement reform  - all are now within the means of a GOP Congress.   That's where I'm focusing my attention and my optimism.     

It's sad listening to the Trumpsters still wanting to punish Ryan, and everyone else who wasn't sufficiently pro Trump.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline jpsb

Stuff it Levin, Trump gets to pick his team not you.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It's sad listening to the Trumpsters still wanting to punish Ryan, and everyone else who wasn't sufficiently pro Trump.

It's sad only if Trump listens to it.  Paul Ryan can be Trump's best friend -  the one who can engineer the legislation that gets the nation back on track, and let Trump have the glory.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Just_Victor

Stuff it Levin, Trump gets to pick his team not you.

What are you talking about?  The article is by Daniel Horowitz.  Levin isn't even on the list of contributors to the website.
Added:  Took a few minutes of digging, but I see that Levin is Editor-in-Chief for CR.  It's buried in the site's FAQ.

QED for my above post.  Levin is on Trump's side, and supported him with the only caveat being the Trump govern conservatively.

Insufficiently pro Trump..... Like I said, sad.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 01:59:11 pm by Just_Victor »

Offline GAJohnnie

#Never Trump

You did everything you could to elect Hillary Clinton. Don't think NOW you going to ride in and start dictating to Trump how to govern.

I am having a hard time deciding who is more arrogantly out of touch. The #Never Trumpers who still will not admit they got politically destroyed or the "News Media" who still are pushing the same failed agenda journalism.

Offline GAJohnnie

Not as sad as listening to Never Trumpers arrogantly assume they are now welcome back in the political fold no questions asked.

Sorry, as real Conservatives know, actions have consequences. Trust, once lost, has to be earned back. #Never Trumpers don't get to jump in the week after the election trying to dictate policy priorites and appointments.

Offline GAJohnnie

What are you talking about?  The article is by Daniel Horowitz.  Levin isn't even on the list of contributors to the website.

QED for my above post.  Levin is on Trump's side, and supported him with the only caveat being the Trump govern conservatively.

Insufficiently pro Trump..... Like I said, sad.

Sad, insufficiently humble, willing to admit error and make atonement. Levin waiting until the very last minute to support Trump. Rather then arrogantly presume a right to leadership now that someone else did the hard work of winning, now is the time for some humility and atonement from the Never Trumpers

Offline Just_Victor

Not as sad as listening to Never Trumpers arrogantly assume they are now welcome back in the political fold no questions asked.

Sorry, as real Conservatives know, actions have consequences. Trust, once lost, has to be earned back. #Never Trumpers don't get to jump in the week after the election trying to dictate policy priorites and appointments.

Here's a clue.  Those of us who were convinced to support Trump because he was better then Hillary are not your enemies.

Sad....

Offline Just_Victor

Sad, insufficiently humble, willing to admit error and make atonement. Levin waiting until the very last minute to support Trump. Rather then arrogantly presume a right to leadership now that someone else did the hard work of winning, now is the time for some humility and atonement from the Never Trumpers

You might want to reread your own words.
Quote from: GAJohnnie http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,233399.0.html
As hard is it going to be given the level of vitrol, insult  and out right hate poured out at Trump supporters, I suggest we all be very gracious winners. The Never Trumpers are going to be in total freak out mode as they work out their grief, anger and denial. As much as ego suggest we rub their faces in Trumps victory, just let it go.

We won. Nothing else matters today.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Here's a clue.  Those of us who were convinced to support Trump because he was better then Hillary are not your enemies.

Sad....

I remain nevertrump and don't intend to ask for permission "rejoin the fold".

Actually "Rejoin the fold" is a perfect phrase in this case due to its origins in returning sheep to the fold after shearing.  ****sheep****

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Quit being reasonable -- it's just not the thing to do anymore.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 02:11:17 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »