Author Topic: Trump: No 'big' vacations, no salary as president  (Read 1452 times)

Offline libertybele

Trump: No 'big' vacations, no salary as president
« on: November 14, 2016, 02:55:04 am »
Interesting -- No salary as president!

Trump: No 'big' vacations, no salary as president

Donald Trump is pledging no long vacations and no presidential salary during his time in the White House.

"There's just so much to be done," Trump told CBS' 60 Minutes in an interview broadcast Sunday. "So I don't think we'll be very big on vacations, no."

As for the president's $400,000-a-year pay, the New York businessman said: "No, I'm not going to take the salary. I'm not taking it."...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/11/13/donald-trump-60-minutes-vacation-salary/93778704/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump: No 'big' vacations, no salary as president
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 03:18:18 am »
Trump has taken no big vacations or little vacations.

He can't imagine the world surviving without him.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 03:25:03 am »
I believe the salary promise. Presidential salary is paltry. It is almost an impediment to the little guy trying (along with the expense of running)

I am not sure I believe the vacation promise. Frankly, 'big vacations' should be expected on such a job.

I'm going with the clean slate option with Trump. I opposed him during the election but now that the terms have changed- this isn't about apply but about producing, I would like to see what happens.

It should be a pretty easy benchmark, he gave a 'first day' series of promises and a '100 day plan'. We'll know soon enough.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 03:28:31 am »
I believe both (unusually).

Like you say, the money isn't great, he's probably got more than a terms worth of salary in loose change under the sofa.

The vacations - he never has taken them anyway. Sure, a couple days here and there, but never longer than that. So why change now?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 03:30:32 am »
The big money isn't made in the office. Its made by the deals that can be set up to be advantageous.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 03:33:01 am »
Trump has taken no big vacations or little vacations.

He can't imagine the world surviving without him.

If Trump could walk on water, all you would say is, "See?  He can't swim."

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 03:49:29 am »
Trump does seem to be a hard working man with a great deal of energy, especially for his age. I think not taking the salary has good symbolic value and will gain him quite a bit of political capital.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 03:57:55 am »

Actually if it wasn't for his supporters that think he actually can, he'd  probably meet less resistance.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 04:03:41 am »
Actually if it wasn't for his supporters that think he actually can, he'd  probably meet less resistance.

Bingo

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 04:15:44 am »
Bingo
There's a lot of things I think many of us would either let go outright or at least tone down on, but when we have to correct the inane BS and flat out distortions/lies about what he said or did not say, the source of that is the BS itself and those spewing it.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2016, 04:20:17 am »
There's a lot of things I think many of us would either let go outright or at least tone down on, but when we have to correct the inane BS and flat out distortions/lies about what he said or did not say, the source of that is the BS itself and those spewing it.

I've about had it on both sides of the argument. The dumb bastard won the damn thing. Not much of a point getting all high and mighty about a moot point. I do find it interesting that a few people have argued so irrationally on their points that they finally exposed themselves for the Leftist trolls they really are. For that I will be eternally grateful.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2016, 04:20:40 am »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2016, 04:23:28 am »
I've about had it on both sides of the argument. The dumb bastard won the damn thing. Not much of a point getting all high and mighty about a moot point. I do find it interesting that a few people have argued so irrationally on their points that they finally exposed themselves for the Leftist trolls they really are. For that I will be eternally grateful.

Yea well some of us pointed that leftist troll bit out all along ;) Yup, he won. Now all we can do is hope for the best and call him on it when he hones the bow wow.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2016, 05:03:29 am »
Yea well some of us pointed that leftist troll bit out all along ;) Yup, he won. Now all we can do is hope for the best and call him on it when he hones the bow wow.

I don't have a vested interest in the Federal Govt' and have a generally low opinion of it, so I do not get as upset as others as to who runs it. As far as I am concerned, watching Hitlary suffer a humiliating defeat was all I was in for voting Donny. I got that. The rest of it was going to be a shitshow no matter who ran it.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2016, 01:12:47 pm »

You've obviously never seen an Army officer's efficiency report. If your OER reads to the effect, "rated officer causes ripples when walking on water", your promotion path was just derailed.

I had a few of those, some worse, too. I shrugged it off, as the unofficial motto of Air Defense Artillery is "We Eat Our Young."

I started out with no intentions of making it a career, hung around for 8 to get a battery command. My boss helped me make up my mind to move to the private sector. lol

He didn't know it, but I had no desire to go to Korea, as I was dating my future wife. No regrets whatsoever.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.